Leaving MD, need advice on selling guns and ammo.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you ever move back to MD, maintaining possession of the AR-15 enables you to keep it (under current laws), which is nice if it's in a now banned configuration. Keeping possession of the handgun already registered with the MD State Police also saves you a little hassle vs replacing it and bringing a different handgun to the state which would have to be registered anew.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't think the OP is really trying to sell his guns. I thunk he just wanted to rub it in that he was getting out of here soon
    ;)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If there is any chance in He77 you will come back keep the AR or at least the receiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can also mail firearms to yourself.

But as has been said, these will fit into a back pack and EASILY moved

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    I ain't selling sh*t when I move out to "by God West VA". Which won't be to long from now! I sure as hell will never move back to MD.

I'm going to look at a place out there this week. No crime, lots of space, much lower cost of living. Maryland...well, let's just say good riddance!!! I could go on & on about Maryjaneland

Last edited:

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    I'm going to look at a place out there this week. No crime, lots of space, much lower cost of living. Maryland...well, let's just say good riddance!!! I could go on & on about Maryjaneland

I have a home purchase pending out in Charles Town, lower income taxes and don't need to pay MD income taxes for working here.

Chooch

Jan 27, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm planning on moving out of Maryland before the end of 2020, and would like to sell my guns and ammo rather than transporting them across the country. I'm wondering what I can legally sell in MD, and where to sell it. I have:

* Pre-2013 AR-15, magazines (20 round), and ammo.
    * Sig Sauer P239 9mm, 9mm ammo, and a bunch of spent brass.
    * Remington 870 20ga shotgun and around 1000 rounds of 7.5 shot shells.

What can I sell in Maryland or out of state? How would you go about selling this stuff? I've never sold anything gun-related in my life, and Maryland gun laws confuse the hell out of me!
    Any MD FFL can buy non-MD legal firearms but you won’t get value because they need to resell them. Gunbroker will get you market value but you have to list them. If you are in Harford County area check out Cooter’s Classic Firearms. He buys non-MD legal firearms.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    OP never responded in the 5 days since he posted. Moving 3 guns and ammo is insignificant and a question easily researched without pestering a gun forum for which he was never a really active member. I moved ALL my guns and ammo when I left MD with the intent never to return. Budget truck rental was the ticket for me. OP could fit his "arsenal" in a Smart car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom