• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    My personal opinion is any carryout could have good cheese steaks, as long as you ask for no salt, and dont toast the bread. I think anywhere where the bread is chewy, its probably pretty good. ever try mambo sauce with CS?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Crazy good. The thing is, there are many good cheesesteaks to be had out there. Many mentioned here. I believe cheesesteaks are like pizza, they are all good, but some are better than the others.

I think the 2 factors that sway people's thoughts about what is good is the AMOUNT of steak they put on and the roll it is on. L,T, M & FO is the same everywhere.

Jeno's is a good roll.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Crazy good. The thing is, there are many good cheesesteaks to be had out there. Many mentioned here. I believe cheesesteaks are like pizza, they are all good, but some are better than the others.

I think the 2 factors that sway people's thoughts about what is good is the AMOUNT of steak they put on and the roll it is on. L,T, M & FO is the same everywhere.

Jeno's is a good roll.

L, T, M is only a standard down here in the People's Republic. Go back to Philly and it's called a cheesesteak hoagie, and an abomination lol. The roll is a big factor when I judge a cheesesteak. Most down here seem dry and not fresh.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    L, T, M is only a standard down here in the People's Republic. Go back to Philly and it's called a cheesesteak hoagie, and an abomination lol. The roll is a big factor when I judge a cheesesteak. Most down here seem dry and not fresh.

L, T & M do not belong on a Philly cheesesteak. Right, that makes it a cheesesteak hoagie. One of the benefits of hitting the show up at the Oaks is getting a genuine cheesesteak from a place like Jims, or Dalessandro's, etc.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I finally made it over to the "new" Capriotti's in Annapolis.
    Great cheesesteak sub!

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Me and a bunch of my car buddies have been hitting the old Little Falls now the Horseshoe Pub on Route 1 in Kingsville. Cool old bar and they have a really good cheesesteak!!!!!:thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Me and a bunch of my car buddies have been hitting the old Little Falls now the Horseshoe Pub on Route 1 in Kingsville. Cool old bar and they have a really good cheesesteak!!!!!:thumbsup:

Drive by there all the time. Never thought to try the place.

Off topic, but the guy that owns the VW shop next door is a total dick...

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Forget Captain Harvey's. Go to Merritt sub shop aka Filetti's, but they are in Dundalk also.

They were both good back in the day. I haven't had either in years though. From what I've heard Harvey's went downhill. Honestly I don't think I've had a Harvey's sub since they left the old location

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Born & raised in Philly. Late to the game, sorry, but my choices for cheesesteaks in Westminster are:
    1. Roberto's Pizza (Crossroads Square, down from PetSmart). Unique, they make their own bread from their pizza dough...outstanding.
    2. Classico Pizza (College Square, down from Safeway)
    3. My house. Unfortunately, my source for Philly steak meat seems to no longer be in business, so I'm hosed.

Not coincidentally, they both have the #1 and #2 pizzas in town.

Good Call on Roberto's :thumbsup:

I just got a Cheesesteak from there tonight. The Bread was Excellent and was stuffed with plenty of steak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom