• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I would love a semi auto and to be honest will probably not shoot it too often so not looking for anything in the $2,000 range.

Any suggestions? Is a saiga doable?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I need a car with 900 horsepower, 4 doors, 45 mpg, automatic, cheap on oil changes, tires, and brakes, with cloth seats, and cheap on insurance.

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I need a car with 900 horsepower, 4 doors, 45 mpg, automatic, cheap on oil changes, tires, and brakes, with cloth seats, and cheap on insurance.

I think thats a bit far. Just looking for a sub $2000 shotgun that is "entry level". It appears there are alot of options, I am just looking for opinions. But I appreciate your zero value added post =)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    beretta..

i have xtrema 2.. did use for 3 gun.. did a'ight with it.. i just need to practice reloading.. LOL

remington or mossberg.. both have good shotgun for the purpose you looking for.. but for 3 gun.. at least have extended tube 8 or 10 rounds should do. :)

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    Might take a look at Mossberg 930 series. I have a couple of different variants and like them. Should be able to get the different barrel lengths you would need for under a 1000.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    The 391 cannot have a tube extension which makes it a no go for three gun. I would look at a Remington 1100, Mossberg 930, Benelli M2, or Browning Gold. I would make sure you get a vent rib barrel that is at 26" -28" long and that should be a good compromise for all disciplines.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Beretta, Benelli etc.

Or you could PM Blackthorne, he's the ultimate authority on shotguns in the world and universe.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i use benelli super black eagle 2 for everything you listed. love the gun. it ain't $2k but it's definitely north of $1k. but again it does everything and does it all very well.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You could always get a nice Saiga 12 for the three gun and a good over/under too for the trap. Together that's very doable for $2K combined.

I will tell you up front I do have a business relationship with this company, but that doesn't change the fact their shotguns are very well made. I have one of these and it is sweet. IP member Thunderstick may even have one in stock.

http://www.webleyandscott.com/shop/proddetail-shotguns.php?prod=WS912DS28WC

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    What do you think you will shoot the most? 1100 with two barrels sounds about right for you

That was the shotgun that I was looking more at. I would be shooting clay/skeet more, with that said I "heard" that most shotguns that can do 3-gun will also do skeet/clay but most that do skeet/clay will not be adequate for 3-gun.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Field guns you can use for everything. Pistol grip might get you some looks, but you can still do it as long as there aren't any rules against that at the club.

If you were to get into high volume/events/competitions/leagues where you shoot more than occasionally a 'dedicated' sporting gun for your discipline of clay's is probably the best advice, but 1100's have been winning clay games since they were invented.

Spare barrel for an 1100 can be found for cheap. Spare barrel for a Benelli will cost you 1/2 the price of the gun itself.

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    Spare barrel for an 1100 can be found for cheap. Spare barrel for a Benelli will cost you 1/2 the price of the gun itself.

That is what I did - I got an 1100 Magnum and bought a 2 3/4 chambered barrel to use for skeet/clays. I think the extra barrel was ~$200. Tactical barrels are probably the same or slightly cheaper. Used 1100's are pretty easy to come by, and so are spare parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom