What are Maryland's gun laws really about?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Not at all illegal (provided you have a valid MD permit and are within your restrictions).

——

Expect a new video tomorrow night or Thursday.
    Thanks to everyone that is sharing this!
    That's what I always thought, but wondering why the question would be asked.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am absolutely flabbergasted at the question, just incredulous. I can imagine someone being proned out in the mud for three or four hours while six or seven LEOs argue and drug dogs sniff his crotch, but I would never, never, never for a crazy moment think there would be an issue about the carry gun being loaded.

That is absolutely INSANE.

Has that ever happened in real life, outside of the fevered anxieties of a BGOS sufferer?

(Here is a classic tale of a Georgia LEO freaking out because someone was carrying a backup gun, but even he didn't seem to question their ready status.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/threads/cobb-county-traffic-stop.216864/ )

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I am absolutely flabbergasted at the question, just incredulous. I can imagine someone being proned out in the mud for three or four hours while six or seven LEOs argue and drug dogs sniff his crotch, but I would never, never, never for a crazy moment think there would be an issue about the carry gun being loaded.

That is absolutely INSANE.

Has that ever happened in real life, outside of the fevered anxieties of a BGOS sufferer?

(Here is a classic tale of a Georgia LEO freaking out because someone was carrying a backup gun, but even he didn't seem to question their ready status.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/threads/cobb-county-traffic-stop.216864/ )

Here's the deal like I said before you Shouldn't have issues if your within your permit, But that doesn't mean your not going to be put through the ringer or that the officer in question isn't going to flip.

Just keep yourself safe we need all the curmudgeons we can get..:party29:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've heard many stories about LEO's behaving badly when they encounter a citizen who is lawfully carrying. The PAFOA forum has had many stories like that over the years, as do many other forums from America, like the Georgia Packing forum I linked to in post #22 just above.

I've just never heard of ANYONE making an issue of the fact that the gun being carried is LOADED. Of course it's loaded! The Georgia LEO in the link three posts back was freaking out because the citizen had TWO guns, "and I only have one!" But even he didn't say anything about rounds being chambered.

I just never imagined that being an issue.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think California? Permit holders can't carry loaded. There's like 1 or 2 states where you cannot carry hot.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

There will be more to come!

Did he testify at the FS2013 (SB281) hearings?

Will he be willing to testify this session?

We need to start assembling public figures who will get media and the MD Gen. ASS'y's attention, to become public about it!

John Lott is another who is local and approachable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom