• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I fired a few rounds from Norton’s S&W 500 once. Felt pretty tame to me but they were handloads and not very hot I guess. It’s a heavy tank of a gun and absorbs felt recoil too. Yeah I still want one.

Im going with this as a solid view.

I always practice with low load re-loads with 350 grain bullet on my SW500. I have yet to fire my factory 400gr rounds.

I shot 20 once. I will not do that again. I'm OK with 5-10 shots for an outing with Mr. 500. I love it.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I hade a Ruger super red hawk in 480 Ruger. I wouldn’t say it had as sharp of a slap as say a hot loaded 454 but it definitely let you know you were touching off something big. I had to replace the stock grips with a houge mono grip because the back of the trigger guard would sometimes comeback and bit my middle finger. I don’t know if I was gripping it wrong or what but the houge fixed that.
    I had the same reaction at the range from people while I was shooting it. People would peek around into the lane I was in to see what the heck I was unleashing. I did feel bad one time for a little girl and her father trying to shoot next to me so I packed it in early.
    Wish I hadn’t sold it but ammo was too expensive for me at the time. I did buy a lovely used Springfield trp 1911 with the money though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom