• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Wayne squares off with David Gregory.

I don't think Gregory will have a chance.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Sorry for my duplicate posting elsewhere, but the others on the panel include Charles Shumer, Lindsey Graham, and a couple of others.

And I also still maintain that LaPierre needs to come off a bit better than he did at the NRA press conference, and that he needs to do something to keep his bangs from flopping down into Hitler style. He was clearly rattled the last time out. Let's hope he does a better job this time.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    ^^^ I don't think that Mr. LaPierre did so badly in the press conference, especially since the NRA doesn't usually hold press conferences.
    He probably reviewed that video a dozen times, or more, and will have some hair spray/gell, to hold his hari in place.

He did rather well, considering the fact that he didn't have a teleprompter at eye-level, like Obamalamadingdong has, 99% of the time.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Sorry for my duplicate posting elsewhere, but the others on the panel include Charles Shumer, Lindsey Graham, and a couple of others.

And I also still maintain that LaPierre needs to come off a bit better than he did at the NRA press conference, and that he needs to do something to keep his bangs from flopping down into Hitler style. He was clearly rattled the last time out. Let's hope he does a better job this time.

Agreed that a good PR effort would help with LaPierre. Come out smoother, compassionate, but FIRM.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    He talked about what the American people want and defend, and avoided falling into the trap Gregory tried to set by asking about his personal clout. Yes, the foam at the mouth was unfortunate, but I think the cameraman may have been shining a light on that to highlight it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The foaming-at-the-mouth part was unfortunate, but even if Wayne had a teleprompter and came off like Obama delivering his pontifications, Gregory and the rest of Meet the dePressed would still excoriate him like they did Charlton Heston.

MSM whisperings ... "You know he has Alzheimer’s disease and dementia." "Just like the NRA to trundel out gun-nuts and crazies."

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Go Lindsay Graham ! "I own an AR15. If you deny me the right to buy another, buying another, have you made America safer? " priceless.

The devil's advocate in my sees the gov saying well, lets just take the one you have.

Another Graham statement "The whole goal is to interrupt the shooter, right? I can change a magazine pretty quick. The best way to interrupt a shooter is to keep him out of the school and if they get into the school, have somebody that can interrupt them with armed force."

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm sorry, but I think Wayne LaPierre is a poor spokesman for the NRA. They seriously need a more polished speaker with a better look and delivery style. Not dissing the message, just the messenger. In today's world, image is everything and LaP reminds me and others of someone's sleezy Uncle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom