• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Seems as I read it. The National Guard is a military unit, but can be used for natural disasters.

Flooding, or hurricane relief is one thing. Using the to enforce UN-constitutional laws? I'm thinking big issues, the real military should assume command. :innocent0

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    There is no duty to enforce or obey unconstitutional gun bans, unconstitutional laws are not laws at all. Support and defend our constitutional rights or face the consequences.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    maybe instead we should send the NG to bmore to clean that place up. seems a much better use than disarming law-abiding citizens.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    "I............................… do solemnly swear that I will support and

defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the
    Commonwealth of Virginia, against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

Part of the Va National Guard oath. Wouldn't "domestic enemies" apply to the dems in office now? They are more of an enemy than any thing we face right now.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    The government sends the National Guard into riot situations with no ammo, and armory reject weapons...how do you think that is going to work out? Much respect the Guard and any man in uniform, but....

My guard guys have good M4s and are fitted with ACOGs. They have better gear than some of my Army unit guys.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why would a GOVERNOR "nationalize the National Guard?"
    Isn't that reserved for the President?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Only the President can federalize the National Guard. The governor can activate the Guard for state service.

Correct and correct.

Too many people are confusing "nationalize" with activate or mobilize

It stems from poor reading comprehension regarding 1956 Little Rock. The governor mobilized the guard, then sent them home. They were called back by being nationalized by the president (to stand in front of the cameras so the public wouldn't see the 101st Airborne enforcing the court ruling and preventing rioting).

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    There is no duty to enforce or obey unconstitutional gun bans, unconstitutional laws are not laws at all. Support and defend our constitutional rights or face the consequences.

The oath we took binds us to disobey UNLAWFUL orders.

Class project: Define "UNLAWFUL". Individually. There may be a test later... :innocent0

ETA: I distinctly remember the "Just Warrior" debate that raged during the 1960s and early 1970s.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The oath we took binds us to disobey UNLAWFUL orders.

Class project: Define "UNLAWFUL". Individually. There may be a test later... :innocent0

ETA: I distinctly remember the "Just Warrior" debate that raged during the 1960s and early 1970s.

IIRC, all orders are presumptively lawful. A service member disobeying an order is going to be at least NJP'ed, and possibly UCMJ'ed, depending in the circumstances. From what I understand, the burden of proof of unlawfulness is completely on the insubordinate service member, and it's a high hurdle to get over.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    IIRC, all orders are presumptively lawful. A service member disobeying an order is going to be at least NJP'ed, and possibly UCMJ'ed, depending in the circumstances. From what I understand, the burden of proof of unlawfulness is completely on the insubordinate service member, and it's a high hurdle to get over.

Yep. Also... peer pressure is a M'fer... it will force someone doubtful into that herd mentality once it's executed.

Don't think that for one instant an entire unit or components of it will suddenly become democratic in last minute decisions; regarding the operation at hand.

PS: I use the term "democratic" in the past tense... not what it has become today.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Lots of prepper novels cover the various aspects of the psych dynamic for “units” that stay loyal to the “state”

That it will happen isn’t in doubt for me. Why it might happen or even how isn’t something I’m meanwhile wasting my limited cerebral flatus on.

I can but focus on my reaction/response should it happen. That will suffice if/when the time arrives.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Apologies if this has been covered...

I saw yesterday where Northam has refused to rule out using NG forces to collect any banned weapons, and now there are reports that NG members are receiving death threats. This can not be good for the broader 2A community.

Why do radicals continue to eat our own?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Apologies if this has been covered...

I saw yesterday where Northam has refused to rule out using NG forces to collect any banned weapons, and now there are reports that NG members are receiving death threats. This can not be good for the broader 2A community.

Why do radicals continue to eat our own?

Did you see that on the internet?

It is a standard disinformation tactic to claim that left wing heroes are receiving death threats from crazy right wing extremists.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    It's obvious that the Democratic Party is using Virginia as a test, how the people of Virginia and surrounding states respond is very important.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    Well Gov. Blackface was never known for his intelligence. This push is a concerted effort by the Democratic Party to see what they can get away with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom