So what is your favorite holster style for CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Outside the waist band Uncle Mike's for a Glock 22. Uncle Mike's cell phone pouch for a spare 15-round mag. I wear an untucked shirt at nearly all times with a t-shirt tucked in under it. Belly band for going back and forth to work when I'm not wearing a belt. Hate paddle-back holsters with a passion and the Fobus most of all. Been carrying this set-up everywhere I go for a little over 10 years.

Last edited:

Unit3960

Feb 11, 2011
    Harford Co. MD
    BlackHawk CQC Holster Model C1311 for Glock 27. Hard plastic with index finger push release lock. Comes with a pancake type adapter or a belt loop adapter. I've had it for 3+ years and love it.

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    HolsterKing IWB with an RIA Tactical 1911, 7 rd. magazine. T-shirt & jeans. No plan on spare magazines at this time (cross that bridge when, etc.)

Works well around the house. Just wish I could take it outside my fence.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I tuck mine in my thong.

3620904126ee9e00cc09.jpg

Are they made of Teflon? :D

Unit3960

Feb 11, 2011
    Harford Co. MD
    that's what I meant LOL That is the adapter I do not use. Actually it may be tossed out too. But either way, it comes with it lol Thanks Jimbobborg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    For thirty years (or more) 1911 stuck in my waistband held by pressure from my belt. In the hollow behind right hip.

Watching some old rerun of "Magnum, PI", I notice old Tom Selleck would Mexican his 1911 in his SOB. Also, he carried Conditon 3 which makes sense so not to blow his ass off with his old warhorse.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    In Jacket weather, GLOCK 30SF 4:00 strong side IWB in a DeSantis cozy partner, spare mag 8:00 in a Buck knife pouch, and Kahr PM9 in a Galco pocket holster in the left side inner pocket of my jacket as a backup, or when seated in a vehicle. In the summer I wear a button up dress shirt untucked with essentially the same setup, but with my M&P9c and Ruger LCP in the left pocket, a bit more concealable and doesn't print as much as the wider and squarer GLOCK, the IWB holster is reccomended for both, and the spare mag holster is fine for both, the LCP is in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Occasionlly I open carry, or carry OWB with a jacket, for this I normally carry my HK USP45 in a thumb break Desantis leather holster, and 2 mags weak side, more secure and comfortable when hiking, or working outside. I also carry a pocket knife and small tacticool flashlight every time I leave the house. I do dry-fire/draw practice at least once a week, and live fire at least once a month with holster draws, position shoting, point shooting, shooting from retension, weak hand, strong hand, shoting on the move, shooting from cover, and anything else I can think of. I shoot IDPA regularly, and try to practice anything between matches that I think I should work on.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Depends what I'm wearing, but I used to carry the G19 90% of the time.

T-Shirt: IWB leather appendix-carried
    Tucked in shirt/nicer clothing: Bluegrass Holsters IWB/OWB tuckable holster (Mostly IWB, but it was nice to be able to remove the clips and use the same holster OWB with a jacket or to OC.)
    or
    J-Frame in a self-made kydex pocket holster for light days

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    The only one I have at the moment is an M&P compact in a Galco Stow N Go. Strong side IWB, can't wait to actually use it after the CCW class next weekend. I found a spare mag fits nicely in the change pocket on my jeans, as I don't have a mag holster. I just have to move my knife to the other pocket. Always have my knife and a flashlight on me, I drive old cars so you never know when you'll need a flashlight lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom