• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Just to make this clear.

MD restored voting rights as soon as someone steps out of the jail regardless of probation. Something I had a problem with.

VA is restoring voting rights only after probation is completed? If so I do not have a problem with that.

That would explain why the number is so high.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Just to make this clear.

MD restored voting rights as soon as someone steps out of the jail regardless of probation. Something I had a problem with.

VA is restoring voting rights only after probation is completed? If so I do not have a problem with that.

And it has nothing to do with the upcoming election...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Just to make this clear ...

Just to make this clear.

NOTHING McAuliffe does is altruistic, including this executive action. Despite your feelings that it may be the right thing to do, his record of public actions has been to deliver quid pro quo for Hillary in Virginia.

Hillary Clinton campaigns in VA for McAuliffe

McAuliffe veto opens polls for Hillary Clinton ‘ghost voters’

Hillary's brother raised Chinese money for McAuliffe's green car venture

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Washington Post had an interesting article on this today https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...31cc34-08a1-11e6-bfed-ef65dff5970d_story.html which gives a cursory description of the legal legerdemain through which McAuliffe is doing this. As others have noted, it does require him to reaffirm monthly; and it wasn't entirely clear, but the next gov will have the option not to follow this precedent, though I'm not sure if that means the actions could be rescinded, (.e., the felon's voting rights could again be rescinded...).

One of the parts of this that give me pause is that this action is apparently focused on felons convicted of violent crimes. If that's actually true it would tend to validate the most cynical interpretations of the political motives behind this.

Post also has an article about the fruits of the similar MD move https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...24ac62-0715-11e6-b283-e79d81c63c1b_story.html

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It was pointed out on Fox yesterday. that based on the last election, the difference between Obama and Romney in VA was less than 200,000 votes.

It's a huge deal.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    We're screwed.

I believe the country as a majority still believes in COTUS and concepts like the 1A and 2A and on a true level playing field, the country would be fine.

But we ARE screwed because the lefties basically cheat. This is an example. Illegal aliens being given things like drivers licenses (saw something that about 50% of 2015 CA licenses went to illegals) that makes voter fraud easier is another.

Look at how things are with the "transgender" bathroom BS. It's a minority shoving that down the country's throat. MD Gen. Ass. goes out of it's way breaking several rules to strip out the single crime-related amendment to FSA2013. Why? Because they can't do their enslaving BS in a legitimate way.

To me, it's a non-biblical Revelations. The country will fall. Sadly maybe even within my lifetime now (never thought that before Obama). There will be suffering at the hands of the left. Then one day, one man/woman or a small group of old-school Patriots will awaken and we'll have The American Revolution v2.0.

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    200,000 more fine democrats to vote in a swing state. Bitch Boy wants a cabinet post.

This may help:

Restore D.C.!

Remove Arlington, Alexandria, Reston, and Falls Church from VA and return them to DC. That should remove about 400,000 Dems.

Last edited:

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    I got no problem with people who've finished paying their debt to society for their crimes, parole and all, being given their voting rights returned. Firearms and such, well that should be determined with stricter authority. If any part of your crime conviction involved violence, then no. No firearms...ever.

That's treating the RKBA differently from other rights, which is a common tactic the left uses as an excuse to deny the rest of us. First of all, we all know that if someone wants to get their hands on guns to do bad things, they have no problem making it happen, so we aren't actually preventing anything there. Secondly, if someone is so dangerous that we absolutely cannot trust them to handle a firearm, they should be in prison.

My view is you make this very simple: while in prison, here are the rights you have and the rights you lose. While not in prison, you have all rights. Now, adjust prison sentencing and policies to ensure that rehabilitation is an actual thing that happens and to ensure that dangerous people are not released.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    yeah, I think way to get rights reinstated is a good idea BUT it should be ALL rights, AFTER the sentence is served and sure as heck not right before a historic election just because you are in bed with the candidate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom