• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    A local mom & pop shop had some powder I was looking for so took a trip to Dumfries to check them out. I spent $104.51 and got two pounds of Titegroup, one pound of Unique, and 1000 CCI small pistol primers. I'm going back to get a few thousand Federal Match SPPs. They also had a lot of CCI No. 41s.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I picked up three boxes of Magtech SPP for $75, and two bottles of Benchmark for $64. According to my powder supplier, I can get 10,000 Federal Gold Match SPP for about $34.70 per thousand, so I will be ordering from him next month. I'll need another three pounds of Titegroup and I'll be set for a year or so.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    He's a local guy. I might do a group buy on primers if I can get enough people interested. I can get the bulk price in 10,000 primer increments. I'll get his sheet out again and post the bulk prices on other primers.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Apparently I can't hear very well. So here's the break down.

If I order 10 cases of Federal Small Pistol Match primers (a case has 5000 primers) it's $173.50 per 5000, which breaks down to $34.70 per 1000. I normally pay $40 per 1000. Price includes tax and Hazmat. Payment is up front.

If I were to do this, and got enough people to order a bigger lot, I can get better pricing per 5000.

I don't know about you, but I can't afford $1735.00 in one shot, but if I can get 5 folks to buy 10,000 primers, this can be doable.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Apparently I can't hear very well. So here's the break down.

If I order 10 cases of Federal Small Pistol Match primers (a case has 5000 primers) it's $173.50 per 5000, which breaks down to $34.70 per 1000. I normally pay $40 per 1000. Price includes tax and Hazmat. Payment is up front.

If I were to do this, and got enough people to order a bigger lot, I can get better pricing per 5000.

I don't know about you, but I can't afford $1735.00 in one shot, but if I can get 5 folks to buy 10,000 primers, this can be doable.

I can go for 5,000, but not 10,000 unless the price is even lower.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I can go for 5,000, but not 10,000 unless the price is even lower.

He can get me CCI SPPs for a lot less, but that's not what I'm needing right now. I'll try to post the price list he gave me in the Water Cooler. He can also do bulk Titegroup and a couple of other interesting reloading supplies.

shovel1966

May 14, 2016
    Springfield, VA
    If anyone is interested I've had luck with s&b primers. Cabelas has them for 24.99 /brick

I like the S&B primers also. And last time I purchased them was from Cabelas. The primers were on sale, hey had a special on shipping and Hazmat fee was cut in half. I didn't need more primers, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I'm a sucker like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom