• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Can anyone tell me where the 90 day time period for decision by MSP is spelled out? I see it on their site but I wanted to look at the statute.

Thanks.

Sorry for quoting myself but I realized I was mixing up two 90 day periods. Nevermind.

90 business days for MSP to make a decision on a simple application? That is just insane!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sorry for quoting myself but I realized I was mixing up two 90 day periods. Nevermind.

90 business days for MSP to make a decision on a simple application? That is just insane!

It is 90 statute days, not business days per state law (state law does not in any way say business days).

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    yea my packet contained bank letter, ss-4 approval from IRS, d stat docs showing the entity in MD and training cert. Everything I sent the first time.

Now they asked for bank deposits, receipts and now he wnts a biz license (which my industry does not have to have) and articles of organization. Ill be calling tomorrow.

I will also be sending hogan a letter about this.

Its ridiculous, this process is HARDER now. I literally had to scavage through files to find a recipt. I dont keep those, its on my cc bill. I then went to the store and bought crap today just to have something current as well as made an untimely deposit so I had something dated today.

Its ridiculous.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Thank goodness Hogan appointed a new Superintendent to clean all of this up!

Now we're back to requiring a ton of financial documentation.

Am I the only one who knows that anyone with an Internet connection can pull up a MD business charter docs? What exactly IS their "investigation" at this point if they can't even complete simple Google searches?

I'll tell you what this is,..... stall, obstruct, delay, drag feet, play dumb, disrespect .....

You've provided a bank letter stating you have an account for business purposes,...now we want actual receipts. We're not convinced you're even a real lawyer. We can't figure out if you own a MD business. We can't determine if you're active military........

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Once again things that make you go Hmmmmm??? I wonder now how things will be after Gryphon won his case this past week at the HGRB... IF someone from Hogans staff is reading this why not have the whole Lic Division replaced?It seems to me the troopers their are taking it very very personally when they lose before the board. It is time they get back on the street and start to earn their $$ again. Remember we are paying their $$ thru our taxes...

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Thank goodness Hogan appointed a new Superintendent to clean all of this up!

Now we're back to requiring a ton of financial documentation.

Am I the only one who knows that anyone with an Internet connection can pull up a MD business charter docs? What exactly IS their "investigation" at this point if they can't even complete simple Google searches?

I'll tell you what this is,..... stall, obstruct, delay, drag feet, play dumb, disrespect .....

You've provided a bank letter stating you have an account for business purposes,...now we want actual receipts. We're not convinced you're even a real lawyer. We can't figure out if you own a MD business. We can't determine if you're active military........

Exactly. Hence why they are requesting all of this extra crap.

After my email I sent him saying I wasnt going to submit articles of org (by the way I release this to NO ONE) and that we dont have a license he FINALLY said he would be processing my permit.

Additionally he wanted everything snail mailed to him. I said cant I email you the docs. He asked me to fax them. I emailed them and faxed them.

Its ridiculous, yes lets put it through the mail room instead of just getting the docs sent directly to the right person.

I do not believe Hogan cares about the 2A issue. He got elected on financial responsibility and he will beat that drum again and again.

bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    Exactly. Hence why they are requesting all of this extra crap.

After my email I sent him saying I wasnt going to submit articles of org (by the way I release this to NO ONE) and that we dont have a license he FINALLY said he would be processing my permit.

Additionally he wanted everything snail mailed to him. I said cant I email you the docs. He asked me to fax them. I emailed them and faxed them.

Its ridiculous, yes lets put it through the mail room instead of just getting the docs sent directly to the right person.

I do not believe Hogan cares about the 2A issue. He got elected on financial responsibility and he will beat that drum again and again.

Are they specific regarding reasons for denial?
    I'm wondering if anyone's provided all doc's explicitly stated, been asked to provide more information (e.g. deposits, etc)- refused to provide them. Then, been denied and given a reason for denial such as "not providing requested documentation"

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Are they specific regarding reasons for denial?
    I'm wondering if anyone's provided all doc's explicitly stated, been asked to provide more information (e.g. deposits, etc), then, been denied and given a reason for denial such as "not providing requested documentation"
    Sure, just happened. Tried to pigeon hole him into "business", then denied when he didn't respond with documentation that made no sense for what he was trying to do......

Shits gonna get REAL interesting here soon, my money is on them never (like,... ever) issuing these restriction mods or HPRB over turned permits.

Last edited:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Sure, just happened. Tried to pigeon hole him into "business", then denied when he didn't respond with documentation that made no sense for what he was trying to do......

Shits gonna get REAL interesting here soon, my money is on the never (like,... ever) issuing these restriction mods or HPRB over turned permits.

Somebody will need to sue. I may if my case is successful and they drag their feet.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    He said he was processing my permit. I do not know what that means given that he sent me a defacto email saying give me XYZ (which I did) by X date or it will be denied.

I will let you know once I see my letter of denial or card. I doubt it will be denied.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    Hi All...first time post. I've essentially read this whole thread. Would have been more efficient if respective threads with examples of different methods (personal protection, business owner, etc.) people went about applying for CCW, but anyways I'm thinking of applying via one of two methods and want to know which one has better chance. (The fact that I even I to take the time to do this on an online forum is complete BS to begin with considering Utah and roughly 30+ other states deem me legal to CCW and not a threat to society, but I digress...)

Option/Method 1: Take NRA instructor course, get according MD certificate from MSP, do bare minimum to "open / establish" my business as trainer (on the side), and submit as business owner for the G&S. (Although more expensive route, think better chance of success than Option/Method 2 based on what I understood others on this thread have done.)

Option/Method 2: I'm a Fed who works for DHS in non-LE and Intelligence position, but nevertheless a target and have the apprehended fear from combination of ISIL threat and OMB data breach (the amount and type of info compromised is scary...not just mine but family members, friends, references) so claim personal protection as G&S. I saw one other thread poster (cpo0096) went this route (it was his lone post like a month ago and he was scheduled to go before HPRB) and did PM him, but have yet to hear back.

Thanks and again this is just pathetic that these are the hoops through which I have to jump to MAYBE get a CCW permit in MD...The MSP and majority in the General Assembly should be embarrassed.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Hi All...first time post. I've essentially read this whole thread. Would have been more efficient if respective threads with examples of different methods (personal protection, business owner, etc.) people went about applying for CCW, but anyways I'm thinking of applying via one of two methods and want to know which one has better chance...

Use both. Also, any clubs or other activities for which you may carry cash? Boy scouts, girl scout cookies, Elks Club, etc? Use that, too. You're not relegated to a single reason.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Hi All...first time post. I've essentially read this whole thread. Would have been more efficient if respective threads with examples of different methods (personal protection, business owner, etc.) people went about applying for CCW, but anyways I'm thinking of applying via one of two methods and want to know which one has better chance. (The fact that I even I to take the time to do this on an online forum is complete BS to begin with considering Utah and roughly 30+ other states deem me legal to CCW and not a threat to society, but I digress...)

Option/Method 1: Take NRA instructor course, get according MD certificate from MSP, do bare minimum to "open / establish" my business as trainer (on the side), and submit as business owner for the G&S. (Although more expensive route, think better chance of success than Option/Method 2 based on what I understood others on this thread have done.)

Option/Method 2: I'm a Fed who works for DHS in non-LE and Intelligence position, but nevertheless a target and have the apprehended fear from combination of ISIL threat and OMB data breach (the amount and type of info compromised is scary...not just mine but family members, friends, references) so claim personal protection as G&S. I saw one other thread poster (cpo0096) went this route (it was his lone post like a month ago and he was scheduled to go before HPRB) and did PM him, but have yet to hear back.

Thanks and again this is just pathetic that these are the hoops through which I have to jump to MAYBE get a CCW permit in MD...The MSP and majority in the General Assembly should be embarrassed.

Either one could work, but I have seen cases go both ways. Business owners seem to do well under the current scheme but some including me have been rejected at times. #2 is easier so if i was you i would try that first and then re-apply trying number #1 if necessary.

The current board seems persuaded by evidence of TS clearance if that is something you can document you might have luck.

Totally agree with your comments about the GA and our ridiculous system in general. Check out threads on the HPRB board meetings because that will be your path to a permit. Come attend some if you are free on Tuesday evening and can drive to Reisterstown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom