• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    As I understand it, if you're a business owner, you're allowed to have a firearm on the premises, furthermore, if you are Manager and have the permission of the owner to have a firearm on the premises, it's totally legal. I've gone so far as to find that said Manager or Owner can both submit multiple copies of high-dollar transactions and bank deposits as a substantial need to CCW.

In my situation, I'm a manager that works for an Apple Reseller and have been doing so for over fourteen years. One of our offices has already been robbed and a competitor of ours just up the street was robbed in January. If that isn't good enough reason to grant a CCW, then I don't know what is.

Think I should go for it? My boss will happily sign off on it.
    Personally, I think you should. It's your right and if you turned down, you can add your name to those that were denied and fight

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Question, After the MSP contacted you and your referrals and do the interview, how long did it take to get your letter or something?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Question, After the MSP contacted you and your referrals and do the interview, how long did it take to get your letter or something?
    About a year the fist time. On renewal they never bothered to call me OR any of my references. Took a little over 3 months for renewal.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    My referrals were contacted a couple days after Christmas. Still no permit although I was told that it should be mailed today

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here

be advised some pdf plugins don't seem to work with the app. Download it and open with Adobe Acrobat instead.

Attachments

• Licensing and Permit Application.pdf
      1.5 MB · Views: 209

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    About a year the fist time. On renewal they never bothered to call me OR any of my references. Took a little over 3 months for renewal.

A year? I'm giving them another week and then I'll start contracting everybody I can, including congress. It shouldn't take a year...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Man, sorry about that, yes, I was one of the OG365, year later they gave me the final chance to provide what they saw to be G&S, literally 7 calendar days later my permit showed up.

Fast forward to this past August, I go through the motions, training, livescan, send my stuff in. In early October I moved, emailed the MSP LD twice letting them know, once including a copy of the MVA address change. No reply. I joke around about it here, as it was getting close to my expiration (Birthday in November). Mr. McCauley was nice enough to give me a better contact within the LD to try. 40 minutes after I emailed him I received a call from a Sgt withing licensing asking what he could assist me with. I explained that I had sent in my renewal package,.... then moved, then emailed twice with no reply at all. He was super polite, took my new address. He said he'd make sure it was updated and also told me not to stress on the renewal, that I was good to go as long as my renewal app was received before expiration.

I'd let you guys make side bets,...but this story has been told a few times..

3 weeks later my permit came,..... FORWARDED from my old address. :eek:

This is the reason every permit is printed with "contact prior to arrest". They've got the whole process so fvcked up for literally YEARS now, they never know who's app is old as shit, who's been waiting on approval,.........where you live. :cool:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This is the reason every permit is printed with "contact prior to arrest". They've got the whole process so fvcked up for literally YEARS now, they never know who's app is old as shit, who's been waiting on approval,.........where you live. :cool:

:lol2: Made me look. WTF, It is really there..

So if I let it expire, I'll get arrested?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    :lol2: Made me look. WTF, It is really there..

So if I let it expire, I'll get arrested?
    No, if you are for some reason in contact with LEO (carrying) on an expired permit they're supposed to call first prior to arrest. This is because the MSP has the process so screwed up its a 95% probability it's THEIR fault you were left to expire. (source: my personal experience, others here who have waited ~5 months for a renewal).

Can anyone here really rationally explain why it takes York County, PA about twenty minutes to do what the MSP takes literally MONTHS to complete? Am I safer because of it? Are my neighbors safer? Am I less likely to become the victim of crime that involves a carry permit holder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom