• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Received my permit yesterday. 83 days from submission. 76 days from the start date the Trooper gave me.
    Other than the entire process being a violation of my second amendment right, my expectations were exceeded.
    "Only valid while conducting business as Bad Mother F@#$%"
    Which is great because I'm never not conducting business as such.

Congrats! You should order your new wallet too.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    and new gear.

Attachments

• sash.jpg
      sash.jpg
      22 KB · Views: 792
    • ccw hat.jpg
      ccw hat.jpg
      37.5 KB · Views: 794

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    As an "independent instructor" couldn't you be working with many companies? Did you put on your application that you instruct for a specific company?
    Seems like a weird request. As the owner of your business aren't you the one that determined that a permit was necessary? Not necessarily the "company that you do firearms instruction with"

nope, didn't put anything down for specific company other than my current employer which does nothing with my instruction activities.

I had let them know that I was an independent instructor and thus would not be able to submit such a letter; however, they were satisfied with my taxes showing that I am legitimately teaching and accounting (sending in my taxes) for it properly.

fingers crossed for my approval letter! :party29:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    nope, didn't put anything down for specific company other than my current employer which does nothing with my instruction activities.

I had let them know that I was an independent instructor and thus would not be able to submit such a letter; however, they were satisfied with my taxes showing that I am legitimately teaching and accounting (sending in my taxes) for it properly.

fingers crossed for my approval letter! :party29:
    Holy cow, give MSP a copy of my tax filings? No thanks. Much better to do a bank letter or something far less intrusive IMHO.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Holy cow, give MSP a copy of my tax filings? No thanks. Much better to do a bank letter or something far less intrusive IMHO.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they aren't looking at your taxes anyway, whether you provide them or not.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Day 88 found letter in mailbox, after feeling the envelope I noticed a hard object, my permit, restrictions are normal per MD but I own 4 businesses and generally don't leave my house unless I am working, I am still appealing to HPRB soon

Nobody

Excellent. Welcome to the 95% :innocent0

cryptoman

Dec 27, 2011
    Good Afternoon. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the verbage that they used when applying for their CCW using a security clearance and/or the OPM data breach as a justification. If you would not mind sharing I would appreciate a PM from you. Thanks very much.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Carried all day and nothing happened, what a joy to know if it did I have a chance.

NOBODY

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Good Afternoon. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the verbage that they used when applying for their CCW using a security clearance and/or the OPM data breach as a justification. If you would not mind sharing I would appreciate a PM from you. Thanks very much.

Here's my post from a while back. The bold is my actual G&S.

Well, it seems as if I've been granted access to the Cool Kids Club. I just got the call that my permit should be printed today. Here's what I used as my G&S:

Open source reporting reveals the intent of a Foreign Terrorist Organization, or radicalized HVE (LE term for Homegrown Violent Extremists), to locate, target and attack US persons with a background similar or specific to my own. Their capability to locate, target and attack Members of the Service with grave consequences has been demonstrated in the last year, as has the ability to elude pre-operational detection by law enforcement or their targets. While I have exercised all recommended countermeasures, I remain in apprehended fear of undetected targeting and violent physical attack. Attributes linking me to the threat communities places me in a position of assumed risk and suggests additional measures and heightened awareness be taken on my part to provide personal security for my family and myself.

The key factors, according to the MD Licensing Division, were my clearance, association with the Intelligence Community, and direct support to military units fighting terrorism. My package included letters of reference from my chain of command detailing my specific duties. Those were classified FOUO//LES, so I can't really post them here.

I know this doesn't help most people here, but hopefully there are a few of you who can mold this to your purposes. Note that I included the terms assumed risk and apprehended fear/danger. Those came straight from the SOP.

I haven't seen it yet, but the restriction is going to include something like "while off duty only". The officer didn't really know what that meant and admitted it was kind of silly. While on duty (at work?), I'm in a federal facility, so my restriction is essentially saying I can't commit a felony with my permit. This just goes to show the LD feels obligated to include some kind of restriction on permits.

Good luck.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    A bit of perspective- I completed the app for PA non-res permit and put it in the mail to York county on TUESDAY AFTERNOON- they called me yesterday morning (FRIDAY) at 8:30am to report that it was ready for pickup- I guess they pretty much received the app and immediately turned it around. Cost me $20, too.

Every time I have to do anything involving some govt administrative process in another state, I am made keenly aware of how sh*tty Maryland is by comparison

Megiddo

Nov 19, 2010
    Well I wonder after the weekend's events... if you belong to a certain group (LGBTabcdefg), now do they now have a Good and Substantial reason?

And if so... who's to say that you aren't apart of said group?

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Well 80 days from official submittal as recognized from MSP 91 days by my watch and I'm part of the newly commissioned people to exercise my 2a rights... yea no club....:party29:

With restrictions of course; however, of only while performing teaching or business items as a handgun instructor. I wonder if it's worth fighting to get the restrictions off and what the effort to do so would be.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Fred, assuming that you pay taxes on your instruction business I would re-apply as a instructor for your permit as I just got mine in the mail.

This is not my business (I train part-time and on a limited basis) and MDSP said my training certification doesn't suffice as G&S. When I posed the example of a driving instructor who's never driven in the state teaching new drivers, they said that's fine:eek:. That made it crystal clear that we're dealing with zealots and not rational adults, so the rules of reasonableness do not apply. I may reapply at some point, but, considering the goings on in Orlando, it might pay to wait a bit to see how far things go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom