• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCutdSE

Rebel Scum
    Jan 2, 2009
    I was working on an AR-15 build and spent weeks looking for a specific barrel before I came across it on Criterion Barrels’ website. It is a 16” HBAR, mid-length gas, chrome lined, parkerized finish, 1:8 twist, threaded muzzle, chambered in .223 Wylde. Normally they sell barrels through retailers but this one is available only by contacting them directly. When I called a REAL PERSON picked up the phone, answered my questions and took my order. No pushing 1 for sales, no being put on hold, no transfers.

When I received my barrel and assembled my gun it did not pass the headspace test with a BCM bolt I bought elsewhere. Called Criterion back up and they said they’d take a look. Shipped them my upper and bolt and got a call from them the same day they received it. They also use BCM bolts and their smith swapped out my bolt for one that would pass headspace. No extra charge and I had my upper back as soon as UPS could get it to me. The barrel and gun shoot better than I do.

They were such a pleasure to do business with that I have to let others know.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Kreiger Criterion makes very nice barrels and they're button cut, not cold hammer forged.

Fulton Armory rebrands Criterion if your ever looking for one locally.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Just got a M1 barrel from CMP, gas port drilled in groove not on land,breech threads and stub face well done and without excessive tool marks. Never had a problem with index marks extractor cuts etc on other projects and was supplied factory drawings in a timley manner for outside dimensions for fitting an 03 sight collar with drawings spot on for the barrel I was Working with. Would love to see krag barrel sight base screws tapped correctly and front base installed but youre already getting a hell of a product there for the price anyway

criterion

May 25, 2016
    Thank you for your kind words DCutdSE. I'm glad we could help get your headspace issue resolved! Thank you for your support, and for using one of our barrels in your recent build project.

Feb 28, 2013
    Good ta know. I'll be usin' one o' theirs fer my next build, and since the Muslim-in-Chief's intended successor got sent packin', ain't no hurry on gittin' it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom