Going to send in for Designated collector.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I am curious if anyone in the recent past has applied to be a designated collector and what there wait time was for there approval letter. Going to go to notary in the morning and put it in the mail right after. Tried searching but only result on forum and Google really seemed to lead back to 2012. Am I missing something in the laws about it or has the subject just kind of fell under the couch. Thank you any and everyone in advance.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I hasn't been recently. But it only took a couple or 3 weeks. Pretty darn quick for MD and something firearm related.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Two...weeks...isn't that from a movie:D. That's about how long it took for the wife and me last year...except they spelled our last name wrong. After a very courteous email correspondence, we had our corrected letters a couple days later. I know my last name is kinda weird, but...shouldn't they have all my info based on my ssn?

Also, I don't know where you want to go for a notary. My bank (APGFCU) did it for free.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Better get moving on this. It's looking more and more like the Hildebeast is going to be our new a**hole-in-chief and if she has her way, we may be fighting to keep what we already have, much less trying to obtain anything new.

Paul Kersey

Apr 20, 2011
    Westminster
    While we're on the subject. How does one go about getting replacement copy? I was previously issued and it got lost in the shuffle of a divorce and moving my residence a few years ago.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    While we're on the subject. How does one go about getting replacement copy? I was previously issued and it got lost in the shuffle of a divorce and moving my residence a few years ago.

Not sure about that. I took a photo of mine when I got it, but I've never been asked to present it when purchasing multiple handguns. I just tell them I have collector status and check the appropriate boxes on the forms.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

I had my original damaged in a mini-flood in my basement. I called, verbally requested a replacement and had the copy in just over a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom