Going to send in for Designated collector.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    I literally received my letter yesterday (7/16), but I had previously received confirmation from Senior Trooper Thompson via e-mail this past Tuesday (7/12). I submitted on 6/14, and somewhere in there, ST Thompson was on vacation for a week (not sure if this mostly falls in her lap or not). So, right at about three weeks for approval, and four weeks until the letter was in my hand. For those curious, I put "All lawful purposes" in the reason box.

For what it's worth, after I sent my letter in, I killed my LGS' storage closet. Next Monday, I'll be filling out forms for 8 lowers and a Vector SDP (for the low, low price of a single transfer). :D

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    If I remember correctly, Cusimano used to look at them on week, (let's say 2nd week of month, then process them. Let's say yours hit the pile the day before he looked at them, 2weeks or so, let's say yours hit the day after he grabbed the pile, now you wait until the next month, so it took 2 extra weeks. Now this was 5-6 years ago, I don't know how much things changed.

Thorack

Jun 20, 2016
    Yep,

Dropped mine in the mail on 20 Jun, got my letter yesterday 18 Jul. Just shy of a month.

Thorack

Georgian

Nov 27, 2015
    West HoCo Md
    Thanks will get started on mine then. I thought I read in a much earlier (2013) thread somewhere that applicants were being held up until they got an HQL thinking you couldn't be "a collector" without it. Glad to hear it is not a requirement since I am just starting out.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I inquired about the absence of a card. MSP told me I didn't need one. When you fill out the MD paperwork, and check the box that you're a collector the MSP querries their database and verifies your status. Your letter is simply your notification; if you've misplaced it, apparently that means nada.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks will get started on mine then. I thought I read in a much earlier (2013) thread somewhere that applicants were being held up until they got an HQL thinking you couldn't be "a collector" without it. Glad to hear it is not a requirement since I am just starting out.

You don't need an HQL, however there is absolutely no point to the DC if you don't have an HQL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    an AR lower is regulated, but not a handgun. so you must fill out a 77r, so to MSP it's regulated. so one every 30 days or 2 every 60 seems right, though stupid like most stuff in MD.

just my opinion though.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Update

I just spoke with a MSP Designated Collector official regarding the DC process. I had received different messages from different dealers. If you are not in the "registered" database, either a previous purchase or a voluntary registration, the DC will not proceed. Your request will be kept for a year. Upon your first registered purchase you contact a MSP Designated Collector official, and if you are within that 1 year time frame, ask to have your request processed.

Cheers, Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom