More MD Wear and Carry permits being issued....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    PFT, MSP posts or did post everything for QHIC's on their website, not hard to figure out where someone lives.

What is a QHIC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    What is a QHIC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he means a QHI.

Qualified Handgun Instructor

Well QHI is right, but QHIC (Qualified Handgun Instructor Certificate) and QHIL (Qualified Handgun Instructor License) is the old designation before they started the new requirements.

HQL is what I have to put on my forms for CCW qualifications and for my students for their HQL.

MSP for quite some time had my name, phone, address, email etc... up on their find a instructor portion of their website, they have truncated what they have up there but it's easy enough for one to figure out where an instructor lives and it paints a big 'ol target on you. But I was not allowed to have an un-restricted permit because of my permit is for "Business purposes", but atleast I have a permit.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I understand your thoughts, but the number of permits is just a result of the freedoms afforded to the citizenry. I don't care it it were 500 or 500,000. As long as the normal, law abiding citizen can exercise his God given rights to self-defense, then I am good with it.

And that sums up the flaw in our situation succinctly.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And politicians....I would love to see a FOIA request to see the names of the liberals in Assapolis that carry...

List of all those with wear and carry permits is not subject to the PIA laws of Maryland. MSP will NOT provide any information on who has a wear and carry permit.

That law got added to FSA2013.

From personal experience tho, less than 1.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thanks for the info DBLAS, so it is 196000 Vs. 1.7 million if Maryland was the size of Florida.

Based on a 3 year rotation of permits Maryland issues 71 permits per day, Florida, based on a 7 tear rotation issues 934 per day,

We have a long way to go.

NOBODY
    Apple's to oranges, the Florida numbers don't include security guards, private investigators etc. The Florida numbers are true ccw numbers. Our numbers are falsely inflated. The truth is worse than what you portrayed.
    Not exactly see above.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Proving yet again that money is worth more than your life to politicians....current governor included... those of you who get a permit because of your business...don't get comfortable, as soon as the next liberal wins your permit will be gone...
    Why would that change? The last few liberals in the governor's office had no problem giving permits to business owners. They need those campaign contributions after all.

Restrictions might tighten back up but the liberals will always allow their contributors a way to carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom