• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Kinda unsure of this. Are they any better? Or did we take over some production of a great product and screw it up?

This is weird in general....its like seeing an Asian guy in a cowboy hat.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Perhaps the slide is made in the US, but what about the rest of the gun, emphasis placed on the frame??? How is the frame marked??? Have pics???

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Perhaps the slide is made in the US, but what about the rest of the gun, emphasis placed on the frame??? How is the frame marked??? Have pics???

My understanding is that even with Austrian made slides, the frames are US made in Smyrna, Ga. So, your Austrian Glock slide sits on a US made frame for Glocks sold in the US anyway. You'll see import marks on 100% made Austrian Glocks - think old W.German made SIGs - but few.

So, I'm pretty sure USA slide and USA frame.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    No more Germanic elves in the mix??? No wonder the Gen 4's blow. ;) :lol2:

Lou sold me a G22 a while ago, I really don't find it all that appealing.

Now an Hk45, that'll make my britches tingle!. :D

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    You don't want Swiss SIG's??

Ok, find me a Sig 226 that was made in Switzerland, smarta$$. :lol:

P210, different story.

I am sure SA saves money by making the XD and 1911 frames elsewhere. And I am also sure that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in quality. That isn't the point. It is the heritage and the pedigree of it.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    My understanding is that even with Austrian made slides, the frames are US made in Smyrna, Ga. So, your Austrian Glock slide sits on a US made frame for Glocks sold in the US anyway. You'll see import marks on 100% made Austrian Glocks - think old W.German made SIGs - but few.

So, I'm pretty sure USA slide and USA frame.

:thumbsup:

I really want to see the complete makers mark (not the whiskey) of manufacturer's location ("Glock, Smyrna Georgia, Made In Austria" is the latest I've seen, even on Gen 4's) on the FRAME as this will be THE PROOF in the puddin'. Until that, they're made in Austria.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Ok, find me a Sig 226 that was made in Switzerland, smarta$$. :lol:

P210, different story.

I am sure SA saves money by making the XD and 1911 frames elsewhere. And I am also sure that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in quality. That isn't the point. It is the heritage and the pedigree of it.

Topgunsupply has in the past had Swiss made P225's. I can't remember if they had any Swiss P220's.

Also you never said P226, you said SIG's. SIG was never a German company, Sauer & Sohn is the German part of the equation.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Swiss made P series SIGs I believe are marked "Montage Suisse". If I remember correctly most of these guns were just assembled in Switzerland with parts made in Deutschland.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I really want to see the complete makers mark (not the whiskey) of manufacturer's location ("Glock, Smyrna Georgia, Made In Austria" is the latest I've seen, even on Gen 4's) on the FRAME as this will be THE PROOF in the puddin'. Until that, they're made in Austria.

We might see these soon.

:lol2:

original-tm-tfb1.jpeg

And, for what its worth...

http://archery.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=46686

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Topgunsupply has in the past had Swiss made P225's. I can't remember if they had any Swiss P220's.

Also you never said P226, you said SIG's. SIG was never a German company, Sauer & Sohn is the German part of the equation.

I thought it was J.P. Sauer & Sohn, GmbH. Once again, on the internet, people are too busy nit picking to get the point of someone's opinion.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom