• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Didn't Crazy Agnes have Half-a-Cat that fired Dragons Breath from an AOW?

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    The first time I met him he told me about how he shot himself accidentally in the ass with his 22, and I am thinking to myself this guy is playing the range officer here? A little scary. I have seen DNR Dan get really pissed at Yogi because he stapled his targets all over the frames and got so mad that he had to leave and Yogi just ignored him about how he told him he should not be doing that.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The first time I met him he told me about how he shot himself accidentally in the ass with his 22, and I am thinking to myself this guy is playing the range officer here? A little scary. I have seen DNR Dan get really pissed at Yogi because he stapled his targets all over the frames and got so mad that he had to leave and Yogi just ignored him about how he told him he should not be doing that.

yep.. i was there. and he muttered about him going there shooting there a long time etc.

he's not a good rso if he isnt following the rules himself. dont know how many times i've seen him teaching people how to shoot at shotshells on the ground .. very close to the tables too.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    yep.. i was there. and he muttered about him going there shooting there a long time etc.

he's not a good rso if he isnt following the rules himself. dont know how many times i've seen him teaching people how to shoot at shotshells on the ground .. very close to the tables too.

couple ladies there complained about him teaching them how to hold a pistol wrong and how he was trying to look down their shirt...lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    couple ladies there complained about him teaching them how to hold a pistol wrong and how he was trying to look down their shirt...lol

I know he pissed off a female FBI agent that was shooting with a friend by giving the same 'advice' - don't know if he was trying to get a peek down their shirts though. Pissed them off bad enough they called in and complained about him.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It was nice meeting everyone. :beer:

Same here. :thumbsup:

It was fun shooting that ungodly short 12 ga, kick's not nearly as bad as you'd expect. The Coonan as always, was a pleasure - if nothing else you got to see that it can group pretty well, but I think I could've done better if I really slowed it down some. :D

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Another great day at the Grove.:thumbsup:

The KEG-12 definitely was the highlight. I have been thinking about that gun the entire ride home and through lunch. It sounds strange, but is like shooting a bow. Shooting it is very natural. Lock out your left arm and instinctively aim. That worked very well for me until I put a slug in the 3rd baffle.:innocent0

BradMacc82, thanks for the help with my n00b on eye dominance. This was her 3rd time shooting. I believe she is about 60/40 left eye dominant, but very right hand dominant. She ended up going right handed this time.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    BlueHeeler said:
    The KEG-12 definitely was the highlight. I have been thinking about that gun the entire ride home and through lunch. It sounds strange, but is like shooting a bow. Shooting it is very natural. Lock out your left arm and instinctively aim. That worked very well for me until I put a slug in the 3rd baffle.:innocent0

It works better with 00 buck, but the range rules limited us to slugs today :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Don't feel bad, by about 12:30 it was getting too damn hot to stay down there.

Although the Keg-12 is one that you need to try, the Coonan too - the keg's not as bad as you'd think it'd be.

Blueheeler - No prob, I figured it'd be easier for her being left-eye dominant to just shoot lefty, but it's all whatever works for that shooter I guess.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Don't feel bad, by about 12:30 it was getting too damn hot to stay down there.

Although the Keg-12 is one that you need to try, the Coonan too - the keg's not as bad as you'd think it'd be.

Blueheeler - No prob, I figured it'd be easier for her being left-eye dominant to just shoot lefty, but it's all whatever works for that shooter I guess.

;) and where are the pix? Lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It wasn't humid, by about noon it was getting plenty warm, no fun shooting when your sitting in 'ball-soup'. ;)

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom