• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Well Bud’s just said “they can’t modify that weapon in any way before shipping”. Can my FFL take possession and put a brake on before releasing it to me?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That would be a question for the FFL.

They only need to take the flash hider off. They do not need to do anything else, you can put the brake on yourself. Maybe bring a 5/8×24 thread protector.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Regardless of whether it is legal or not, if buying from Buds, the most important question to ask them if they will ship it to MD at all. From my experience with a couple MD legal guns they wouldn't ship, I would recommend finding another dealer. I think Duffy's had them last I saw.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    With a detachable mag, flash hider, and folding stock it fails the feature test. Ergo, remove the FH.

Galil ACE is not a copy of the 1980s AR or ARM. The charging handle is on the wrong side. For starters. Also, the original Galil AR was 556 NATO.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    With a detachable mag, flash hider, and folding stock it fails the feature test. Ergo, remove the FH.

Galil ACE is not a copy of the 1980s AR or ARM. The charging handle is on the wrong side. For starters. Also, the original Galil AR was 556 NATO.

And was also available in .308

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I thought only the 308 version of the ace rifle is MD legal.

Good point. I wasn't really sure, as Veprs were legal, RTR32s, and VZ58s, so it's hard to tell in MD sometimes. I looked on the website, and I am still confused. So, is the ACE, different enough from the Galil AR & ARM to be exempted? I would contact a FFL, LIKE Duffy's who sells them just to be sure before trying to buy one. Good luck. They look nice.

Galil
    Galil models AR and ARM semi-auto
    Banned Enumerated in Statute 10/1/2013

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

But still, when I was looking to buy a HBAR AR15, Bud's would still not sell to me. So even if it was legal here, my guess would be Buds would decline the sale.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    +1.. IWI makes really nice stuff. Wish I could pickup a Tavor 7, not sure they’ll meet the minimum length without some additional pieces.

OAL is listed at 26.75". You will need an extension. A really long muzzle brake.

They will probably get around to an 18" barrel version, which would likely be MD compliant, eventually.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    :thumbsup: true.

Not having owned guns in the 80s, too young, i always wondered where people got cheap steel cased 7.62x39. Being the cold war, a commie caliber, and all.

Back in the 80s you could buy cases of Chinese 7.62 x 39 for about $39.95 a 1000 . Those were the days lol

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    The Galil ACE in 7.62x39 with a muzzle brake is a total cupcake to shoot. I would rip off the flash hider and put on a good brake, even in a free state.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Actually, IMHO the best thing about the Galil is that it will shoot about 2-3 MOA with cheap ammo all day - hot or cold - and N E V E R fail or jam.

The Jerry Miculek 308 Brake is not expensive and does a great job. So does JEC. JEC takes a while to get though.

Or so I've heard. :innocent0

Cibergrey

Aug 14, 2019
    I hate to dig up an old thread, but did anyone find an answer on this? Is the 7.62x39 banned completely, or only with the evil features?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom