• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    I ordered a M-1 Garand on 02/17/2018. I asked for a Service Grade. I got it today and it looks very good. Barrel is excellent, sight is tight, op rod spring is right length. Everything is clean,bolt had a little grease which was easily up.
    They had put on a new walnut stock with a CPM stamp and the wood looks great. It is an SA rebuild. Initially born in August 1943, so it probably went to war with someone. I am totally pleased for the price, and the time from order to delivery of 48 days is amazing.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    At my age I have forgotten many things, and I don't really care, since I don't remember them. I just wanted to let people know the CMP delivery time had reduced a lot from what it had been.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    The grease on the bolt was unknown origin, so it got wipe off and my grease got put on (Light Aircraft Main. stuff). Sorry, no pictures, I am not really savvy on the computer pictures interface. I will try to see what I can do tomorrow.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Attachments

• D20AF8C1-9496-45E7-A81A-7186376C4669.jpeg
      D20AF8C1-9496-45E7-A81A-7186376C4669.jpeg
      15.4 KB · Views: 354

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I ordered a M-1 Garand on 02/17/2018. I asked for a Service Grade. I got it today and it looks very good. Barrel is excellent, sight is tight, op rod spring is right length. Everything is clean,bolt had a little grease which was easily up.
    They had put on a new walnut stock with a CPM stamp and the wood looks great. It is an SA rebuild. Initially born in August 1943, so it probably went to war with someone. I am totally pleased for the price, and the time from order to delivery of 48 days is amazing.

Good to know I ordered an SG “good shooter” and mailed it on 3/19. So I have no doubt I’ve got 3 or 4 more weeks to wait. Still twiddling my thumbs on getting even the email acknowledgment from them. Though reading CMP forums it looks like a few people lately haven’t even gotten an acknowledgement email, they get a package of freedom 5-7 weeks later with no notice.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    You'll think you've cleaned off the grease until the first time you shoot it.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Man, if I thought CMP would send me a defective gas trap Garand - where's my check book?

They were just substandard junk :)

edwoj

Apr 5, 2018
    Does anybody know of a good gun smith near Charles County that service and function test an M1 Garand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom