• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey, does anyone know if I can call up USPS or FedEx and have them deliver a package on a specific date (on or after it would arrive normally)?

Hopefully in a few days to a couple of weeks I’ll have a CMP Garand coming my way and I may be ordering my first C&R firearm (with my C&R license which should be to me this week). I work from home two days a week. So having those delivered on a day I am home, even if it means waiting a few days to get it, would be a lot more convenient than trying to have it held at a distribution center or having to take part or all of a day off work to be home to sign for it.

Or am I better off asking for it to be held at the distribution facility and just swinging by after work to sign for it?

PS No idea how the C&R will be shipped to me, but I think the place I am looking at does UPS even with C&R handguns

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can't speak to FED-EX, but UPS has what's called My UPS Choice.

You can arrange all sorts of things through it. You have to sign-up first.

Or try an 800 number and ask them to hold the firearm at the distribution center.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Fed-Ex has a similar program. You can have them delivered to one of the local Fed-Ex/Kinkos stores and you can pick up at your convenience.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Doh! Yeah I meant UPS.

Okay, thanks. I have a UPS account and finally just signed up for a FedEx one. I have to poke through the UPS options next time I get something shipped to me using them. FedEx it looks the closest store front is 30 miles away (that isn’t a Walgreens in store, I assume they won’t hold a firearm there).

That’s a pain in the butt, but might be worth the drive not to take a full day off work or if I...uh...well something I want to slip in to my safe as it were. I mean, not that my wife would be mad. Um...per say. Though I think the closest UPS shipping facility is much closer to me, so if it gets sent UPS if I can get it held there instead that might make more sense. I mean, my wife knows about the CMP Garand, so paying $5 or so to have it delivered on a day I am working from home makes sense.

Whatever C&R thingie I get (thinking M57) might just be easier all around to have it held wherever it can be held and swing by after work to sign for it. I mean, this time.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    FYI, some FFLs ship C&R handguns by USPS Priority Mail. I have received more than one this way. Still have to sign, if no one is available they will leave a delivery notice and you go to the PO to sign & retrieve.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Doh! Yeah I meant UPS.

Okay, thanks. I have a UPS account and finally just signed up for a FedEx one. I have to poke through the UPS options next time I get something shipped to me using them. FedEx it looks the closest store front is 30 miles away (that isn’t a Walgreens in store, I assume they won’t hold a firearm there).

That’s a pain in the butt, but might be worth the drive not to take a full day off work or if I...uh...well something I want to slip in to my safe as it were. I mean, not that my wife would be mad. Um...per say. Though I think the closest UPS shipping facility is much closer to me, so if it gets sent UPS if I can get it held there instead that might make more sense. I mean, my wife knows about the CMP Garand, so paying $5 or so to have it delivered on a day I am working from home makes sense.

Whatever C&R thingie I get (thinking M57) might just be easier all around to have it held wherever it can be held and swing by after work to sign for it. I mean, this time.

With the UPS account, you can schedule a later date for delivery. I did that for a mattress that I ordered that was going to be arriving before the bed.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Fed-Ex has a similar program. You can have them delivered to one of the local Fed-Ex/Kinkos stores and you can pick up at your convenience.

Agreed. I just had them do that with my SKS. Once I got the tracking number and the package was en route, I had it held at my local FedEx/Kinkos.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Awesome, thanks!

Also, I finally got my FFL-03! Ordered an M57 15 minutes later. Now the, hopefully short, wait begins. I wish I had gotten it 3 years ago (my FFL03 I mean).

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My best luck with BOTH UPS and Fedx is to have it redirected to a will call pick up. I'm close to the Burtonsville UPS center or the Laurel FedX store or Linthicum FedX place.
    My CMP garands were directed to Linthicum FedX place to pick up during lunchtime.

I don't trust UPS to actually get an adult signature, they all too often, just drop it off anyway.

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    I had a FedEx redirected my package to Walgreens for a pickup because I would not be home when it was scheduled. I was able to pick the package up at 7:00pm too.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

No, no, no...can't be a store. Has to be a distribution center for guns or ammo.
    I have used a distribution center for firearms and ammo...no problem. But one time I inadvertently tried to hold ammo at a Kinko's and they immediately shipped it back to the seller. Fortunately I was able to jump through so hoops and gave the shipment redirected to a distribution center. Neither allow 'dangerous' items to be held in ' non secure' locations.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    CMP ships FedEx.

Fed Ex can hold it, but only at a secure location if they realize it's a firearm.

I've had Garands held at FedEx Kinkos when they didn't realize what they were. Otherwise I had to drive to Frederick, to the secure location.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah fortunately I don’t work too far from the BWI fedex distribution facility. So it isn’t that much of a pain to pickup from there.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I just had a C&R pistol shipped in from Virginia. I don't quite understand how FedEx works. It left Virginia, went to New Jersey, then back to Linthicum and then on to my house. Of course it got to Linthicum on Friday, but I guess because I had the "budget" shipping, they didn't deliver it to me on Monday, instead they brought it today. My wife does not like guns at all and wasn't thrilled when she found out what she had signed for.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just had a C&R pistol shipped in from Virginia. I don't quite understand how FedEx works. It left Virginia, went to New Jersey, then back to Linthicum and then on to my house. Of course it got to Linthicum on Friday, but I guess because I had the "budget" shipping, they didn't deliver it to me on Monday, instead they brought it today. My wife does not like guns at all and wasn't thrilled when she found out what she had signed for.

Sounds like my wife. Mine, my wife was out so I ran over to linthicum and picked it up. When I got home she’d signed the slip and left it on the door. She saw me taking it off the door. “Oh, why are you doing that”. Oh...I uh, I already ran by FedEx and picked up the package. “Oh, what was it?” I...uh...a gun part the seller insists be signed for. Weird I know. “What gun part???” A...umm...a barrel. I wanted to change of a barrel on one of my guns.

She knows about the CMP Garand though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom