• ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK,
    My searches came up nil
    So how does one sell/transfer an AR pistol in MD?
    Can it be done considering the requirements for the handgun roster? Is an AR pistol there?

Or does it require one only do the transfer of the Lower assembly with MSP?
    Would it have to be partially disassembled?
    If so, Can the ad be fore the entire pistol and then the lower transferred or must it be advertised as ONLY the lower and upper separate?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    probably the best way to go as others stated is to do a transfer on the lower.
    the pistol, complete, would have to be listed on the maryland handgun roster.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    OK,
    My searches came up nil
    Can it be done considering the requirements for the handgun roster? Is an AR pistol there?9/quote0

Handgun roster does not pertain to face to face sales. It does not need to be on the handgun roster for you to sell it to someone else.

Or does it require one only do the transfer of the Lower assembly with MSP?

You can doe this, but not just at MSP, you can also do this at an FFL.

Would it have to be partially disassembled?

The lower? No. If you are selling it as a full pistol, no. If you are selling it as a lower and an upper, then yes.

If so, Can the ad be fore the entire pistol and then the lower transferred or must it be advertised as ONLY the lower and upper separate?

If you are selling a pistol, it has to be for the full pistol. If you are selling the lower and the upper separate, then two different ads. and two different transactions (unless they are both sold to the same person.

BTW, there is still a 7 day wait for the buyer regardless of if it is the entire pistol or just the lower.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OK,
    My searches came up nil
    Can it be done considering the requirements for the handgun roster? Is an AR pistol there?9/quote0

Handgun roster does not pertain to face to face sales. It does not need to be on the handgun roster for you to sell it to someone else.

You can doe this, but not just at MSP, you can also do this at an FFL.

The lower? No. If you are selling it as a full pistol, no. If you are selling it as a lower and an upper, then yes.

If you are selling a pistol, it has to be for the full pistol. If you are selling the lower and the upper separate, then two different ads. and two different transactions (unless they are both sold to the same person.

BTW, there is still a 7 day wait for the buyer regardless of if it is the entire pistol or just the lower.

On your last point, if the lower(being sold separately) was anything other than a 5.56 lower, I'm thinking no waiting period?

Sorry for the nit pick. I'm just wondering.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    On your last point, if the lower(being sold separately) was anything other than a 5.56 lower, I'm thinking no waiting period?

Sorry for the nit pick. I'm just wondering.

If it is registered as a handgun, yes, 7 day wait. If it was built as a handgun, then per the letter of the law, yes, 7 day wait.

And I don't take it as nitpicking, I take it as helping to clarify the issue. None of us know everything about the laws in Maryland, so I also look at it as group assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom