• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Seems my range trip may be rained out in the am.

For those who went, how was it? Don't think I have ever been to a show there.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I picked up a J.C Higgins model 50 in 30-06. The rifle look's like it was never shot. I have been looking for one of these rifles for 20 years. It was 185.00 out the door.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Seems my range trip may be rained out in the am.

For those who went, how was it? Don't think I have ever been to a show there.

Judging a show is very subjective. If one of us walks out empty handed, and the other with a rifle we've been after for years, or a great deal on ammo, we are going to have very different perceptions of the show.

Timonium quality has been on a steady decline. The empty tables and stupid non-gun stuff are undeniable, regardless of what trophies one did or did not find.

What are you looking for? AR's or parts? Precision Firearms was there, as was Vtac. There were also the usual purveyors of cheap priced imported parts. I had a bad experience with one of them once...so I don't pay attention to any of them anymore (don't want to be accused of discrimination;)).

Milsurps? South Carroll had some Mosins, Mausers, an SKS and a couple of Enfields left. There were a few Garands, SKS's, M1 carbines, trapdoors and Springfields around (even a couple of Krags), but not a whole lot. I did notice an unexpected amount of muzzleloaders.

Reloading? There were a few small vendors. One had a lot of powder. There was even a bottle of Varget :eek: It seemed a little pricey...but I couldn't just leave it there:innocent0 Maybe they had more behind the table :shrug:

Ammo? The AmmoMan had his big set up out front, and there was a little bit inside. I didn't notice any fabulous deals or AmmoJon level bulk prices.

Are you looking for one of those pastel colored chemical reaction heating pads to put on your neck and shoulders? 1) Get out of here! :smack: 2) Yes...they were there:rolleyes:

It can't hurt to have a look...I may not have noticed the elusive deal you were seeking :shrug:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Judging a show is very subjective. If one of us walks out empty handed, and the other with a rifle we've been after for years, or a great deal on ammo, we are going to have very different perceptions of the show.

Timonium quality has been on a steady decline. The empty tables and stupid non-gun stuff are undeniable, regardless of what trophies one did or did not find.

What are you looking for? AR's or parts? Precision Firearms was there, as was Vtac. There were also the usual purveyors of cheap priced imported parts. I had a bad experience with one of them once...so I don't pay attention to any of them anymore (don't want to be accused of discrimination;)).

Milsurps? South Carroll had some Mosins, Mausers, an SKS and a couple of Enfields left. There were a few Garands, SKS's, M1 carbines, trapdoors and Springfields around (even a couple of Krags), but not a whole lot. I did notice an unexpected amount of muzzleloaders.

Reloading? There were a few small vendors. One had a lot of powder. There was even a bottle of Varget :eek: It seemed a little pricey...but I couldn't just leave it there:innocent0 Maybe they had more behind the table :shrug:

Ammo? The AmmoMan had his big set up out front, and there was a little bit inside. I didn't notice any fabulous deals or AmmoJon level bulk prices.

Are you looking for one of those pastel colored chemical reaction heating pads to put on your neck and shoulders? 1) Get out of here! :smack: 2) Yes...they were there:rolleyes:

It can't hurt to have a look...I may not have noticed the elusive deal you were seeking :shrug:

Flattery will get you everywhere :)

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I picked up a J.C Higgins model 50 in 30-06. The rifle look's like it was never shot. I have been looking for one of these rifles for 20 years. It was 185.00 out the door.

You stole that rifle, those were built on Mauser actions made by FN, in Belgium,
    and I think High Standard built the rifles, or at least supplied the barrels. Here is some more info on it.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/j_c_higgins_50.htm

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    There was one vendor missing that I always seem to buy some parts from. Don't remember his name. 6 foot tall, white guy , mid 60's maybe. He sold M1, M14, and AR parts, mostly mil surplus. Always had bins of small parts. I did get some stuff from precision.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't come close to seeing the whole show ( ran out of budget too quickly ). For all the legitimate gripeing about Timonium , * to me* I would rate it better than the usual Timonium . But as Art observed these things are highly subjective .

FWIW , Jarrettsville coming up in two weeks is an excellent small show, and one of my favorites .

And it's official . The promoter of Timonium show has taken over the dates for Howard and Fredrick vacated by the demise of Silverado . I wish sucuess to anyone keeping gun shows alive in Maryland . But my personal speculation questions trying to keep both Howard And Fredrick . Shows 20 minutes apart in successive weekends might be cannibalizing your own market . Doing just one of them could make for a strong Showing of vendors, and larger audience .

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    On a rainy Sunday it was a good morning for me. Got some things I needed at a good price so no complaints.

Bit concerning the number of empty tables.

I saw more good deals at this show than I’ve seen in quite a while. I bought a very nice stainless 7 round Walther magazine for my stainless PPK/S... with a leather belt pouch... $10.00.

Also...
    It was nice to see the MDS members who stopped by the MSI Table to say hello. :thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was just there today and never seen a MSI booth , maybe they rolled out early . I bought 3 knives (cheap ones) for work carry rotation .

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Road Dawg,

It was good meeting with you and another MD Shooters Member (Boule?). Thanks for pointing out the Glock deal at one of the vendors. Overall, the show was decent, but light on M1 Carbine parts. I was hoping for the vendor that had the service rifle parts (usually took up several tables).

Q

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was just there today and never seen a MSI booth , maybe they rolled out early . I bought 3 knives (cheap ones) for work carry rotation .

The table was there (in the front, 3rd row from the left) for the entire show. I was there from 0830 to after 1300. When I left... ShafTed and Mule were still there.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The table was there (in the front, 3rd row from the left) for the entire show. I was there from 0830 to after 1300. When I left... ShafTed and Mule were still there.

I was looking for the sign and did not see it , I believe we were there around 11;30 or so , We did the home show as well .

Rainy day was good for some indoor fun

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I was looking for the sign and did not see it , I believe we were there around 11;30 or so , We did the home show as well .

Rainy day was good for some indoor fun

Sorry you missed the sign. There were three at the table.

BFFC05A3-487A-4BC7-9392-4E12984BE68D.jpg

See you next time...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wow , i can not believe i missed that , my wife and son were waiting up front out of picture shot , of course ShafTed was not standing there .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Littlefoot44 did make a special Sunday appearance at Takoma Park , but I usually attend these things on Saturday, and she works then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom