Shops with good trap gun selection/inventory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    Hey all,

Over COVID shutdown I shot trap (for the first time) a few times up in PA with my girlfriend and her dad and now I've got the itch to get my own trap gun. Her dad let me shoot their old Beretta Teknys and I was consistently breaking 40-42 out of 50 targets with that gun. I see that the Teknys is no longer in production, but it fit me really well and I want to get something with a similar feel. Are there any shops within about 1-2 hours that either specialize in sporting shotguns or have a good selection?

Thanks

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    The consignment rack at Shydas!

I am STILL kicking myself for not snapping up several great old shotguns (including several BT-99’s) that I came across there, on a multitude of runs for reloading components. Some were priced at “kick myself in the pants” prices and when I inquired if anything was wrong with any of them, the employee behind the counter always replied, “The (owner/widow/survivors) just want to get rid of it ...”

Call on weekday mornings and they’ll likely walk over and check that rack for you, saving you a trip.

Best o’ success!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Attachments

• 58CEC7BC-FCF4-417A-AAF7-5F4B6A8AAEB8.jpeg
      58CEC7BC-FCF4-417A-AAF7-5F4B6A8AAEB8.jpeg
      17.9 KB · Views: 464

JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    Not sure, but it looks like that post is from 2018?

I had initially been thinking about the a400 xcel parallel target, but yesterday I found a new a300 outlander sporting for $850 and it felt really good to me and lined up just like the teknys did for me. Half the price anyway so I can get that many more rounds in. I think it is a better first gun for me. It is a little bit light, but I think I can add a lead weight inside the buttstock. I ordered all the gear and what-not I'll need and I think I'll be all set here to get on the field shortly! Not super happy about having to use the Birchwood Casey Save-It Shell Catch since it covers up some of the orange lettering on the receiver, but oh well it is what it is.

:D:D:D

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

I had initially been thinking about the a400 xcel parallel target, but yesterday I found a new a300 outlander sporting for $850 and it felt really good to me and lined up just like the teknys did for me. Half the price anyway so I can get that many more rounds in. I think it is a better first gun for me. It is a little bit light, but I think I can add a lead weight inside the buttstock. I ordered all the gear and what-not I'll need and I think I'll be all set here to get on the field shortly! Not super happy about having to use the Birchwood Casey Save-It Shell Catch since it covers up some of the orange lettering on the receiver, but oh well it is what it is.

Congratulations on a great first Beretta! Enjoy it. You’ll be wanting to buy a Beretta over/under soon enough!

If you need a barrel weight, Briley is top notch.
    https://www.briley.com/c-432-beretta-weights.aspx

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

I'd suggest shooting it before adding any weight to it. My two Beretta semiautos were fine out of the box for the basic shells I used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom