• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone know if there are any tricks with reloading 7.65 browning? I've got a Cz50 and a Yugo Model 70 I am reloading for. I've read a bunch of stuff that says European 7.65 browning guns prefer European loaded 7.65 and have reliability issues with 32acp loaded by American companies. I know 32acp/7.65 browning are supposed to be interchangeable...but

Anyway, anyone know what the difference is? Is it fractional differences in case rim? COAL? Powder charge? Trying to figure out if I need to sort by head stamp, load short or long, etc.

I've basically only run Geco and Fiocchi through both guns and they've run reliably (well, my Cz50 has had 2 or 3 FTF out of maybe 300 rounds of Geco that is likely a hammer spring that needs replacing).

Got the 200 or so pieces of brass I have tumbled and going to deprime and size them later this week with the hope to load up some test cartridges this weekend.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just speaking from personal experience. I've shot tons of .32 ACP out of a variety of European mid century or early century handguns with no general problems. The few finicky ones I have are finicky regardless of what you put in (7.65 or .32), but in general, I've experienced no difference in feeding or function using either the metric and English calibers interchangeably. Your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom