• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    MSP took the liberty of giving themselves 90 business days to process apps when the statute clearly says 90 days. The bureaucratic game playing by these agencies just shows their contempt for laws they don’t agree with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

It doesn’t cost anything to appeal to the HPRB on a deemed denied basis after 90 calendar days.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I am not aware of any legitimate evidence that anyone in the DC government ever invoked the ridiculous 90 “business” days.
    That’s not what the law says and that’s not what the law means.

Rather than take action, some would rather complain online here, which does nothing.

Why don’t you challenge everyone who is past the statutory 90 days and denied their ability to exercise their civil rights to meet you in the DC Firearms Permit at noon on Tuesday.

Demand your permits. Sit there until you get it. Many of you will be off work and there will probably be a lot of reporters in the area.
    Invite the media. Demand your rights.

I doubt MPD and the DC Govt will appreciate the coverage.

Who knows, maybe President Trump will notice and tweet that this is exactly why the Senate needs to approve national reciprocity.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    My friend is a reporter/commentator for the Washington Examiner. Unfortunately he was robbed at gunpoint down by the new wharf area in SW last week. However the incident has inspired him to get trained and get his CCW. So he's going to be throwing some light onto the process. I already put him in touch with the guys at DC Carry and NRA.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am not aware of any legitimate evidence that anyone in the DC government ever invoked the ridiculous 90 “business” days.

Rather than take action, some would rather complain online here, which does nothing.

Why don’t you challenge everyone who is past the statutory 90 days and denied their ability to exercise their civil rights to meet you in the DC Firearms Permit at noon on Tuesday.

Demand your permits. Sit there until you get it. Many of you will be off work and there will probably be a lot of reporters in the area.

Who knows, maybe President Trump will notice and tweet that this is exactly why the Senate needs to approve national reciprocity.

If I was in this position I would think really hard about doing this and then get my behind down to DC after alerting some friendly media.

Anyone who wants to make waves and wants some media contact info shoot me a pm.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    If the MPD can’t process an application within 90 days, where they outsource the criminal background check to the FBI, perhaps they are too incompetent to administer the process.
    That or they are giving the middle finger to the judge?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My friend is a reporter/commentator for the Washington Examiner. Unfortunately he was robbed at gunpoint down by the new wharf area in SW last week. However the incident has inspired him to get trained and get his CCW. So he's going to be throwing some light onto the process. I already put him in touch with the guys at DC Carry and NRA.

Glad he wasn’t physically harmed and glad he’s looking into how to protect himself.
    http://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article...-gunpoint-changes-stance-on-guns/65-509608926

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

He answers PM's, grill him. :D

Jerry Rapp: they are 30 days behind as of yesterday. I put in for my permit Oct 16 and I called yesterday to check status. I was informed that they are still only up to Oct 10 and it will take up to 30 more days before they will look at my paperwork..Appears they are overwelmed with applications. Secondly, they stated its not 90 calendar days its working days.. Sounds like they are playing games

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I checked again today and have been told again that my application is still waiting for the Chief's approval. The application went in 10/6/17. 100+ days and still counting.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I checked again today and have been told again that my application is still waiting for the Chief's approval. The application went in 10/6/17. 100+ days and still counting.

Your application may be shuffled lower in the pile each call, just say'n.

200_s.gif

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I phoned the licensing office regarding my application. I was informed that they are currently processing applications submitted on October 10 and 11.

I was informed that "Hundreds" applied at the same time and they are working keep up with the flood of applications. This is completely at odds with what I was told when I applied in October, that there "was no big rush in applications" for a carry permit". It's pretty easy to suspect that the applications sat around gathering dust for quite a while in order to result in the current "backlog".

I was also told that it's "a minimum of 90 days, and maybe more like 4 months to process an application".

Disappointed, Yes. Surprised, No.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I phoned the licensing office regarding my application. I was informed that they are currently processing applications submitted on October 10 and 11.

I was informed that "Hundreds" applied at the same time and they are working keep up with the flood of applications. This is completely at odds with what I was told when I applied in October, that there "was no big rush in applications" for a carry permit". It's pretty easy to suspect that the applications sat around gathering dust for quite a while in order to result in the current "backlog".

I was also told that it's "a minimum of 90 days, and maybe more like 4 months to process an application".

Disappointed, Yes. Surprised, No.

I was part of the Oct. 11 set, have not heard anything as of yet.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Well....I got off from work on time for a change today and had some time to email a few people. Here's what I got.

Concealed Carry Permit Delays

Inbox

Joseph Brown <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
    3:42 PM (2 hours ago)

to eom, pmendelson, peter.newsham

Mayor Bowser,
    Chairman Mendelson,
    Chief Newsham,

I applied for a concealed handgun permit back on 10 Oct 2017. By law it's a maximum 90 day process, not 90 business days but 90 straight days. Today, 22 Jan 2018, is 104 days since I applied and no permit has been approved. All of my documentation and training is in order and background check approved and it's all being held up sitting in the Chief Of Police's office. I'm a DC resident and have firearms registered here. I would not be allowed to own those firearms if there was a question of my suitability. I've even submitted my DD214 and proof of training that's far and beyond the mandatory 16 hour proof of training that I also submitted. The delay is entirely too long and unnecessary.

Thank you

Joseph T Brown
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Washington DC 2xxxx

---------------------------------------------------------

Newsham, Peter (MPD)

4:04 PM (1 hour ago)
    Mr. Brown - I will have someone look into it and reach out to you.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Joseph Brown <xxxxxxx@gmail.com>
    5:24 PM (22 minutes ago)

to Peter, ATD, Phil, Matthew

Thank you Chief

--------------------------------------------------------

Bromeland, Matthew (MPD)

5:34 PM (12 minutes ago)
    Thanks for reaching out. We certainly apologize for the delay. I've spoken with our folks and they have assured me they will be following up with you. They should also clarify that the documentation is not being held up by our office. That said, the delay certainly does not meet with the requirement or our expectations. We will close the loop quickly.

Thank you,
    Matt

---------------------------------------------------------
    Joseph Brown <xxxxxx@gmail.com>
    5:46 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Matthew

Thank you Sir.
    I certainly appreciate your help.

Hopefully this awakens a few people. ;)

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Well....I got off from work on time for a change today and had some time to email a few people. Here's what I got.

Hopefully this awakens a few people. ;)

That’s great that the Chief actually replied. I suspect Bowser and your councilmember to send your email directly to the round filing cabinet.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    That’s great that the Chief actually replied. I suspect Bowser and your councilmember to send your email directly to the round filing cabinet.

Yep, but the one thing they would not be able to simply toss away is another Allen Gura lawsuit.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Update.... Just got my approval letter today. So it took from 10/6/17 - 1/27/18 to get approved. Someone who applied at the same time I did is still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom