Are Rock River Triggers Really That Bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I had one. It was a nice trigger. But like its name says, it's a National Match trigger. It's not a mag dump, 3-gun trigger, or a carbine class trigger. Since I don't shoot National Match or Service Rifle, I have no need to purchase this trigger. I can get a POF trigger for about the same price from Joe Bob's and it's great in my go-fast guns.

Oh look, an earlier thread on this. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=48966

That is an interesting read, thanks for pointing it out.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have an RRA NM 2 stage and it is ok for me, but it will be getting replaced soon enough. When I pull it out of my lower, I'll be dropping an SSA-E into that rifle. I might give the RRA NM 2 stage to my dad for a hunting/varmint rifle of his.

I like the RRA, but I like my G2S a lot better. The G2S feels cleaner than the RRA, but then again I might be wrong. They both break with a total of 4#, so it is down to perception for me.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have one RRA 2 stage and had another. Both were good triggers.

I backed S&W in the Clinton fiasco and RRA in the Illinois issue. Both of those events occurred because wanna be politicians didn’t represent their clientele’s interests.

Richie

May 8, 2017
    Soon to be in MD.
    I have been shooting a stock Rock River DCM with a two-stage trigger in service rifle competition for over a decade. At my level (expert), the rifle does all I could desire. No issues whatsoever.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    One thing I am looking for is if anyone had a failure of the RR 2S NM trigger, as I have read on the Internet. You really can't trust any old source on the Internet, so I am glad to get feedback from you guys. I think the RR trigger will be OK, even if there is better out there, for a price.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    My RRA National Match rifle came with their National Match two stage trigger and I like it. It has a little less creep than my Geissele SSA does. I haven't shot or dry fired it all that much though, so I don't yet know how well it wears.

They've apparently since fixed their triggers, but two of my friends have had issues with their older RRA National Match triggers. One of them recently had his his hammer straight up crack and the sear surfaces broke off. RRA sent him a new one under warranty. Another friend had the sear surfaces wear down until the trigger pull was less than 2lb. Surprisingly enough, we never had hammer follow issues doing mag dumps. I don't believe he has ever contacted them about warranty.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    One thing I am looking for is if anyone had a failure of the RR 2S NM trigger, as I have read on the Internet. You really can't trust any old source on the Internet, so I am glad to get feedback from you guys. I think the RR trigger will be OK, even if there is better out there, for a price.

Never

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Although it is extremely rare, any manufacturer can have a failure due to a bad lot of steel. That is why it is important to know how good their warranty service is. Hands down, Geissele has the best warranty in the business. I do not know of any other manufacturer that will even come close to their level of service. I say this because many years ago, one of my team mates trigger failed, due to a bad lot of steel. I e-mailed Geissele around noon on Sunday, explaining what happened and included some pics. My team mate also e-mailed Geissele and requested that since I would be installing the replacement for him, would Geissele send the replacement to me directly. A complete new trigger was in my mail box the next day! Needless to say, we were impressed!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Although it is extremely rare, any manufacturer can have a failure due to a bad lot of steel. That is why it is important to know how good their warranty service is. Hands down, Geissele has the best warranty in the business. I do not know of any other manufacturer that will even come close to their level of service. I say this because many years ago, one of my team mates trigger failed, due to a bad lot of steel. I e-mailed Geissele around noon on Sunday, explaining what happened and included some pics. My team mate also e-mailed Geissele and requested that since I would be installing the replacement for him, would Geissele send the replacement to me directly. A complete new trigger was in my mail box the next day! Needless to say, we were impressed!

Doesn't hurt that Geissele is in PA, so it's no biggie to get something into MD in very short order. :D

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The 6.8 DMR AR I built I put a RRA NM trigger in because of the price and how I wanted to use it. Way before this issue. Works very well, and of course it has a different feel than most of my ARs that have Geisseles, a JP or a Timney (now in my PCC).

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I like mine, but I’m no expert, and prob only have a couple thousand rounds through it. My comparison was the trigger that came with the cmmg lpk, which was like dragging a sled over a gravel road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom