• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not as big as I thought, but still good. Had about 4 dozen oysters.
    Not sure what all the hub gun is about the stuffed ham sandwich. Lil bit of spicy chopped something on the thing. Oh well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not as big as I thought, but still good. Had about 4 dozen oysters.
    Not sure what all the hub gun is about the stuffed ham sandwich. Lil bit of spicy chopped something on the thing. Oh well.
    Appreciate the update. We had an over scheduled weekend but otherwise would have brought the kids and joined you (wife loves oysters, and was showing her the thread). Had never heard of this event until you started the thread topic.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Went on Sunday. Tried the oyster chowder from the rotory club. Very tasty. Little on the sweet side for me but it was good. Did the comparison of raw oysters between farm raised and wild. Two farms and there was a difference in taste between them all.
    All where good. Shore Thing Seafood farm raised tasted the best to me.
    Live music, art and crafts. Clean real restrooms. It was all good.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It was a good time. Spot on about the oyster stew. I never had stew with bits of onion in it, but it was good. I am not keen on the farm raised oysters since they aren't good n salty like the best Chincoteagues.
    The line was CRAZY for the grilled oysters. Skipped those. I have never dipped raw oysters in the vinegar/onion concoction, but I liked it.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Need to try more oyster recipes next year. I saw the oyster tacos and pointed them out to my BIL but he got a BBQ sandwich. WTF. You come to an oyster festival and don't eat any oysters. I gave him hell until he he finally tried an oyster shooter.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Need to try more oyster recipes next year. I saw the oyster tacos and pointed them out to my BIL but he got a BBQ sandwich. WTF. You come to an oyster festival and don't eat any oysters. I gave him hell until he he finally tried an oyster shooter.

Shame about the shooters. They couldn't use vodka so they used beer. They were terrible.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I didn't think the beer sounded right. I had an oyster shooter 28 years ago at Middleton Tavern in Annapolis and I knew it didn't have beer in it. Not much of a drinker myself.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Reviving blaster229's thread as our Oyster Festival is coming up.
    Info Here

October 21 and 22
    Hoping to see some MDshooter and SOTAR shirts in the crowd.
    Also hoping the oyster shooters are not made with beer this year, but a flask or 2 of Stoli can remedy that.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Had a stuffed ham sausage sammich at the St Mary's fair last year.
    Correction: I had two stuffed ham sausage sammichs at the St Mary's fair last year.

Looks like McKay's will be selling stuffed ham sandwiches at the Oyster Festival this year. Hoping it would be Chiefs. Still not bad. Not bad at all.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Eventually I will learn how to make a Maryland Stuffed Ham. They are so delicious! One of the main reasons I attend the Oyster Festival.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Looks like McKay's will be selling stuffed ham sandwiches at the Oyster Festival this year. Hoping it would be Chiefs. Still not bad. Not bad at all.

McKay's is better than chiefs recently. The last 2 I had from chiefs were blander than the bread they came served with. Very disappointig. Guess that's why I stuff my own

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom