Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old January 19th, 2018, 09:09 AM #91
These are not your droids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy3006 View Post
SB 0123 was withdrawn by the sponsor. Not up on MLIS yet.
I truly hope that "hearing canceled" means the bills will be withdrawn. Based on 2017, it is two weeks or so between hearing canceled and "unfavorable report; withdrawn." However, in 2017 the bills were heard around med Feb.

My spidey sense is tingling on these, esp the bump stock bill - the hearing for that was also canceled. Plenty of time for them to reschedule. Withdrawing the bump stock bill so early seems too good to be true.
"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:28 AM #92

Their simply taking the time to compare notes/bills from the other unconstitutional domestic terrorist controlled states passing these bills. MGA strives at being the best at infringement and control on its citizens.
Stagstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 05:01 PM #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagstalker View Post
Their simply taking the time to compare notes/bills from the other unconstitutional domestic terrorist controlled states passing these bills. MGA strives at being the best at infringement and control on its citizens.
Unfortunately Inthink this is right. I got an email from a Delegate in my county delegation. Lots of bills still being worked on and are going to be submitted. Its never too late for a gun grab.
"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:31 PM #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagstalker View Post
From a “do something” perspective that would cause a minimum of uproar, they are withdrawing it to change the language to something that only bans bumpstocks instead of potentially anything that is part of a semi-automatic weapon.

I mean, the later probably gives every anti a woody, but I think all buts the the stupidest of them might by now have realized vague impossible to enforce legislation is stupid and probably a fast way to get something absurd brought up and MD sued over the law (“your honor, I cleaned my gun and the rate of fire went up a demonstrateable 2%. How can the state ban basic maintenance of a firearm!!!”)

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues