• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For anyone who couldn't make it today...

Start setting aside time where you can for future visits.

Come down as often as your schedule will allow, particularly on 2/26 (and possibly 2/14 and 3/4 as well)

This isn't over until the first week of April.

---------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely right!

We are all in for 2014; this is the most important year for our rights.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    A common theme I noticed among attendees was a sincere desire to be effective without much guidance. I think there should have been a greater effort to arrange meetings with legislators and to make sure they'd actually be in the office at the meeting time. Of my four reps I was only able to spend a significant amount of time with one. I left messages for two and met with an aid for my senator. A little more advance planning by participants and making this a regular thing could really make an impact.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    That one looks funny but Ill fix it. I just got home and I dont have any time since I have to head to work but Ill post the rest tomorrow. I had a green jacket, tan pants, grey beanie and a camera with an old army strap on it if anyone remembers me. Ill post a bunch more tomorrow...

(other picture was here)

_KET8009_zps0bd563b4.jpg

I gotta figure out that quality issue, photobuck is sucking...

That's me, brown coat with the hood. (I don't care how it looked, I was WARM!) Thanks for getting my best side.:D

Mar 8, 2011
    So when exactly do we need to pack the hearing room with spectators and testimony? I volunteer to organize a bus from Montgomery County, we need to treat this as a dry run for when it really counts.

At the Rally, it was announced that we need to be there on 26 Feb. If you look at the schedule, you'll see the whole Senate Judiciary schedule for that day is gun bills.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    At the Rally, it was announced that we need to be there on 26 Feb. If you look at the schedule, you'll see the whole Senate Judiciary schedule for that day is gun bills.

So 2AWednesday it is. It's not far away, everyone needs to ask off of work now. Work some double shifts if you have to. We need to follow through on this or it will have very little real impact.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    A common theme I noticed among attendees was a sincere desire to be effective without much guidance. I think there should have been a greater effort to arrange meetings with legislators and to make sure they'd actually be in the office at the meeting time. Of my four reps I was only able to spend a significant amount of time with one. I left messages for two and met with an aid for my senator. A little more advance planning by participants and making this a regular thing could really make an impact.

Seth - good point and this is a frequent problem. You were lucky to catch one and thanks for making the effort, and consider yourself successful to see one.

They have general sessions around 10am-12noon, then committee hearings at 1pm. That's their normal schedule. So to find them is an art, and usually you have to look between 8:30-10 and maybe 12noon-1pm, and they are often in a rush.

But consider this. Just being there, and their staff telling them you came by is still important. In some cases, they are hiding from us.

Some prefer to meet out of the office. I can get mine at Starbucks on a weekend, but never in their office. That's the one of four of mine that will even talk to me. The rest hide.

good work!

Thanks to all the patriots who made it. I was worried that the traffic jam on the DC beltway was going to make me miss it but got there just as the rally started.

I was nice to hear the defiant "freedom" chants. It was cool to see Dan Bongino was standing behind me.

Met a few other MDS members, Tball and the other guys from the Arlington rifle club, it was good having lunch with you guys.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I was able to walk with one of my reps on the way to her committee meeting and talk to her. She handed me off to an aide and he took my information. My other rep wasn't in the office so I wasn't able to talk to her. I'll follow up with emails to each. Didn't get over to the Senate building, my bad. An interesting observation, while going up and down on the elevators I had several folks ask what group I was there representing. I told them I was with the group supporting our 2nd amendment rights. The comments and looks were interesting, some very supportive, some shocked, some curious and asking more questions. Perhaps next round we should have folks ride the elevators with the express purpose to talk up our message. Those few minutes are a great time to expose those in the elevator to our message. They are a captive audience for those couple minutes and we may get some positive exposure. The biggest thing to remember is to not be confrontational, just matter of fact, this is who I represent, this is the issue, if you would like more info, here is an email or web address. Just a thought.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Seth,

This is something we hope to expand on for next year.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My wide angle lens seems to be messed up, but this slightly blurry shot should give an indicator to the size of the event.

20140204211914-780d6c2d-la.jpg

That is a great pic, and more accurate than anything that I've seen from the press stories of the event. In fact, I would say that your pic may be missing 20-30% of the crowd. However, for those unable to attend today, it provides a truer sense of today's crowd at Lawyer's Mall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom