• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Since I now work at the NRA, I'll be using the range a number of times a week. I figure it's a good way to wait out the crappy traffic before driving home.

So I'll be there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I'll probably be in for half an hour out of my lunch break around 12:30 or so. Then, I'll also be shooting at 5:15PM or so for an hour or two.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Damn, that's what I was thinking

So how are they to work for so far?

Amazing. Most everyone carries at work, everyone has politics similar to mine, the people are super nice, the cafeteria has great food for cheap etc.

That is hella cool dude, congrats! Do you get free range time?

Thanks! Yes, free range time.

Screw the free range time. Do you get free ammo?

Three hours a week: you'll need a progressive press.

For now, I'm just budgeting myself for 50 rounds of handgun ammo a day, haha. I also shoot on weekends at my usual range in MD, so that requires ammo too. I have about two weeks left of .38 Special, but I'll need to load way more of that and .45 ACP.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Some guys step in dog doo, others come up with gold! Congrats to you.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I wanted to work there but their IT department doesn't have much in the way of turnover so it's unlikely to happen. If you get a full-time paid job there, don't move to Fairfax County. Prince William or Loudoun has better places to live for less money.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So for anyone going to 2A Tuesday tomorrow, I'll be working at the NRA rally. Look for the Asian guy wearing an MD flag tie.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Right now I work as an intern for NRA-ILA Grassroots Division. Hopefully I can get a full time job here in the near future.

Good luck to you, I hope things work out. There's one thing I wish the NRA would help organize more in VA and other states is the local Member's Councils like they have in CA where I had lived before.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I got selected for a nice full time position in ILA. I'm looking to move down to VA very soon, probably Ashburn. If anyone is shooting at the NRA range, feel free to post here. I'll try to make time to meet people from MDS.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I got selected for a nice full time position in ILA. I'm looking to move down to VA very soon, probably Ashburn. If anyone is shooting at the NRA range, feel free to post here. I'll try to make time to meet people from MDS.

Congratulations. I shoot at the NRA Range. I'll let you know the next time I go. Welcome to Loudoun County (if you move to Ashburn).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom