• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    1) Can a buyer be VA or DC resident ? because VA has no gun purchase permit .
    2) Do I have to check buyer's HQL before go to MSP if his is a MD resident ? or no need?
    3) What kind buyer’s information I can get a paperwork after through MSP ? Driver license#, or address ?
    4) Can I ask buyer to pay in full after MSP running or only can ask partial? because he has to wait 7 days to get the gun.

Thanks.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Youre not specific enough and opening up a can of worms.

Please update your OP with what kind of gun you wish to sell so we can better advise you. I feel like we have done this twice before though............

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    If selling to someone out of state you must use an FFL in the buyers state.
    If selling in MD buyer must have HQL or be HQL exempt
    You will get paperwork filled out at the MSP barracks when the transaction is Not Disapproved you will sign and give buyer his\her copy you keep the rest for your records
    I would get all payment up front unless you 100% trust the buyer.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    2) Do I have to check buyer's HQL before go to MSP if his is a MD resident ? or no need?
    3) What kind buyer’s information I can get a paperwork after through MSP ? Driver license#, or address ?
    4) Can I ask buyer to pay in full after MSP running or only can ask partial? because he has to wait 7 days to get the gun.

Thanks.

1. If the buyer isn't a MD resident, they must take possession at a FFL.

2. I'd want to see it myself, personally, but MSP will check the buyer's HQL status before "not disapproving" the transaction.

3. Hmm?

4. This is personal preference for you and the buyer. I wouldn't hand over money until I had paperwork from MSP saying I was not disapproved, at which time I would meet with the seller and exchange cash for the handgun.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Thanks.

#1) If the buyer is a VA/DC resident it can not go through MSP and has to go through a FFL (Gun-store).

no need to answer 2/3/4 because if the resident is out of state it must go through a gun dealer.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

Thanks.

1. If it is a handgun crossing state line, has to go through FFL in buyer's state. MSP has no involvement if long gun. Long gun across state line can go through FFL in either state, sale has to be legal in both.

2. You don't need to, MSP will check.

3. All that will be on the paperwork you get from MSP.

4. MSP has no input on that, strictly between you & buyer.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Didn't you have a thread asking about this already?

If the buyer is a VA resident, you simply bring it to an FFL in VA, whether the buyer is present or not. After you drop it off at the FFL and the FFL gets your info, your job is done. There's no seven day wait or anything. The buyer can either do the paperwork on the spot to take it home or come get it later.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Didn't you have a thread asking about this already?
    If the buyer is a VA resident, you simply bring it to an FFL in VA, whether the buyer is present or not. After you drop it off at the FFL and the FFL gets your info, your job is done. There's no seven day wait or anything. The buyer can either do the paperwork on the spot to take it home or come get it later.

Ken792 ,

Sorry and thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom