• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    My 2000 Silverado 4x4 1500 that my son drives is in need of some repairs. The truck is in good shape and drives fine but I want to take care of some things while my son is home on break.

What I want done is:
    Front Brake Rotors
    Front Brake Pads
    Rear Brake Rotors
    Rear Brake Pads
    Parking Brake Pads
    Parking Brake Cable Front
    Parking Brake Cable Intermediate
    Parking Brake Cable Rear-Left
    Parking Brake Cable Rear-Right
    Front Shocks
    Rear Shocks
    Front Hub
    Power Window Regulator-Driver
    Fuel Filter

If possible, I'd like to have the wheels while the truck is being worked on so I can have them blasted and powder coated. Anyone interested or know of someone who may be?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Having done these overhauls on these trucks before my advice would be to also change the rear axle grease seals and service the rear differential while it's apart.

Its also generally a good idea to replace the rear brake shields as they love to rust and flake apart.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Having done these overhauls on these trucks before my advice would be to also change the rear axle grease seals and service the rear differential while it's apart.

Its also generally a good idea to replace the rear brake shields as they love to rust and flake apart.

Can you believe I haven't seen one truck with rusted backing plates here?!?!?

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

I added those to the list.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    These trucks are also notorious for rusted brake lines. Thankfully they are available in kit form now, although not easy to install.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Get yo self a swamp cooler or a cheapo fan from Walmart.

We have 2 of those big ass fans. The air moves like crazy even though it can hit 110° inside the shop.

My boss quit 3 weeks ago and is trying to recruit me to his new place. A state of the art, air conditioned Cadillac dealership. Decisions, decisions...

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

i figured you'd be all over this.;)

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    BCC Auto in Mt. Airy (used to be in Bethesda) - 301-986-0003. Tell him Cigar John sent ya.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom