• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    SIL has a huge Kohler Power Series 135 generator, on pad, hooked up to propane, 480/120, needs stepdown to 240/120, hot fix (whatever that is). Has transfer switch, need someone to complete the installation.

ICC/MD 650 area.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not sure if he'll come that far, but try Skip's Electrical Service in Deale, Md.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sadly, Skip's is no longer doing residential. If anyone else has a referral, I'd be pleased to give it a try, thanks.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Maybe I can help out. The guys name is Frank Boblits, his company is called Amptech and the phone number is 301-753-4545 or cell # 240-508-8428 . He lives near me in Nanjemoy so LaPlata is right up the street so that wouldn't be a problem. I've had him fix a problem that I had with my generator and he did a nice professional job of it. He's also worked on my next door neighbors generator. Give him a call and see what he says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    We're moving along here. At another member's suggestion, I've emailed Kohler to find out if this monster can be stepped down to 208/120 in a residential setting. Haven't yet heard back.

Meanwhile I called Frank above, and he's willing to do the job if Kohler says it can be done. So now it's Wait and See.

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I'll post the final solution when and if, for the benefit of those interested.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    What generator end is on it? It's very likely able to be restrapped to 120/208 with 30 minutes worth of work. Open up the reconnection box on top of the alternator end so you have access to the wires coming off of the windings within the generator, and post some good pictures of what you find. If the wires terminate onto a board with crimped on eyelets drawn down over vertical threaded studs and held tight with nuts, the machine can be restrapped very easily.

edit: I've never heard of the 480/120 that you mention above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom