• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I guess this is the right place for this. How can I change my username? Poor choice of using the same one everywhere and I'm not sure I want everyone knowing what firearms I may have lost in a boating accident at one time by simply Googling my surprisingly unique username. I can better contribute to this forum that way.

Any help?

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    It kinds of brings up an issue I've noticed as well. This forum is VERY Googleable.

First result when I Google my username. This is why I'd like to change it. I bought a new gun the other day (nothing crazy-Joe Biden approved!) and I am excited to post it but it got me thinking. Do I really want to show this to the world?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have no problem with people knowing I lost my firearms in a tragic boating accident. I actually own a boat. A sailboat. They tip over in the wind, and throw those unfortunate firearms in the water, after sitting in the sun to dry off from cleaning.

But seriously, I am not sure they will, without revoking your post count. I like being a true senior member. :rolleyes:

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I have no problem with people knowing I lost my firearms in a tragic boating accident. I actually own a boat. A sailboat. They tip over in the wind, and throw those unfortunate firearms in the water, after sitting in the sun to dry off from cleaning.

But seriously, I am not sure they will, without revoking your post count. I like being a true senior member. :rolleyes:

You were transporting them to a shooting event or range by boat, correct? Boating rules are tricky. Ask Jack. Jack says yes.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    If I remember correctly a user did change his name with the admins help. I don't think it would be very well received if there is a rush of members wanting to change usernames.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I remember a guy who successfully got his name changed to match his other online identities, but it was only after his first day or so on here. I think you are stuck with what you've got now. I would think the mods might let you start over, but I would definitely ask before creating a new account.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's a simple procedure to change your username. First send me $25. Then contact TexKev and ask him to change your username. It's not necessary to tell TexKev that you have already paid your $25.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    It kinds of brings up an issue I've noticed as well. This forum is VERY Googleable.

First rule of the Posting: Never post anything you don't want people to read, nothing is private

Second rule of Posting: If it's on the internet it can be read by anyone anytime, the internet can't be deleted

Third rule of posting: Photo's can be traced to names, dates, locations, they are the closet skeletons of the day.

Hillary Clinton rules of posting: I don't recall that :cool:

Big brother has been watching for a very long time.

Dec 31, 2012
    Do you know how many times my name shows up when you search this site?

Hiding in plain site...

(not really, because no one online is truly hidden. Keep that in mind)

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    It's a simple procedure to change your username. First send me $25. Then contact TexKev and ask him to change your username. It's not necessary to tell TexKev that you have already paid your $25.

This is actually worth it.

You get a discounted rate for the MD Shooters magazine and free admission to the Water Cooler.

(Apparently the magazine is so popular my mailman keeps stealing it. I contacted K31 and he verified the delivery address. And the credit card number for the automatic renewal.)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is actually worth it.

You get a discounted rate for the MD Shooters magazine and free admission to the Water Cooler.

(Apparently the magazine is so popular my mailman keeps stealing it. I contacted K31 and he verified the delivery address. And the credit card number for the automatic renewal.)

I'll still need your SSN and bank routing number to unlock the features for super premium membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom