• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Chinese Archery isn't all I get into. I like to sink back to my European roots and pluck a 72" hickory longbow as well. It makes 57# @ 28"
    Although my form does steal more from my Gao Ying tendencies than a true European Longbow style. Video to come...
    3ce11472558d77f273aced0d6a834955.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    It is funny, I look at the bow and I see D Flat bow to me with a handle. Everything that isn't a recurve to traditional builders is a longbow. Is it solid or laminated?

You still got that oriental hand movement after release. ;) Fingers or using a ring still?

I'm a snap shooter. I shoot instinctive and aim on draw and release as soon as I hit anchor. You are drawing and then aiming and I am aiming while drawing. I'm like, wow, that's a long time at anchor. For me it is, its probably normal for most trad shooters.

Looks good except get a shirt man! ;) Didn't show any grouping either.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    It is funny, I look at the bow and I see D Flat bow to me with a handle. Everything that isn't a recurve to traditional builders is a longbow. Is it solid or laminated?

You still got that oriental hand movement after release. ;) Fingers or using a ring still?

I'm a snap shooter. I shoot instinctive and aim on draw and release as soon as I hit anchor. You are drawing and then aiming and I am aiming while drawing. I'm like, wow, that's a long time at anchor. For me it is, its probably normal for most trad shooters.

Looks good except get a shirt man! ;) Didn't show any grouping either.

It is a flatbow. But at 72" she's a a long flat bow. It's a solid hickory stave. Really fun little food getter. I have a three finger protector I use for this bow.
    My release is ingrained in me from shooting Chinese so much lately. My time at anchor allows me to get proper back tension involved with my form. A solid sucking in of my shoulder blades. Also another direct result of my Gao Ying study. I focus on a constant expansion up until release. It's a micro amount of expansion, but still hammers home my back tension. As far as a shirt? It's hot down here in North Carolina!!! I'll add some groups next time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom