Decent, reasonable semi auto trap 12 ga?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Public Trap Shooting at Mount Airy IWLA Thursdays @ 530p till... done. Arrive anytime!!!
    5 bucks a round, 4 if you buy a ticket of 10 Rounds, saving 10 bucks.

I was gonna head over tonight but had too much going on. Hopefully next week. I need to find a sub for me on Aug 3, I am on the schedule to work the shoot for that night but can't make it.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Get a shotgun that you can adjust to fit you. Considering the comb and length of pull are adjustable on this 1100, I think this is a decent value:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...ington-model-competition-shotguns/2003474.uts

There's this Beretta that's a good value, but I think you'll want the adjust-ability of the above option:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...der-mallard-semiautomatic-shotgun/2352385.uts

Or you can try looking on Gun Broker. Shotguns on Gun Broker seem to be reasonably priced if you look carefully.

Me personally - I'm not paying $2,500 plus for a shot gun, not unless I am a national champion or something. I'm an 870 kind of guy.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    After shooting my wife's new Tristar g2 SR 12ga. I can highly recommend it. $504+$50 transfer. Buds has them. Weighs 7.2lbs with 30"br. Came with 4 chokes in a case. Balance point is in the center, maybe a tiny bit forward.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    thanks everyone. I ended up getting the used Remington 1100 competition model that United had posted in their consignment gun thread (page 25). Wood stock, which I much prefer over the carbon fiber stock on the newer competition models, adjustable comb, 30" barrel with 4-5 chokes. Took a chance and bought it sight unseen. Hoping it is similar to my trusty old 870. With any luck, I will get down there at lunchtime tomorrow to pick it up.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Sweet. Pics are a requirement.

soon I promise. just picked it up. wood is really nice, fit seems very good for me, shoulders well. I may have to replace the recoil pad with something a little thinner, but will shoot it first before doing anything. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to get to the range with it for a couple weeks.

in the meantime, here's the pics that United Gun Shop took when they posted it for sale in the Industry Partner section. BTW - nice shop, never been there before, and seemed like a nice bunch of folks to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_3106.jpg
      IMG_3106.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 117
    • IMG_3107.jpg
      IMG_3107.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 123
    • IMG_3108.jpg
      IMG_3108.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 120

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Very nice. Congrats! I've been through a few shotguns since I started shooting clays and the 1100 Sporting is my current favorite. Very comfortable and it's digested any target shell I've put through it including 1oz loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom