• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Democrats might not have votes to revive proposed assault weapons ban

Sen. Bruce Ennis of Smyrna says he will not help his fellow Democrats suspend the legislative rules and bring the bill to the floor — leaving the party one vote short of the majority it needs to pull off the maneuver. :thumbsup:

"A lot of my constituents feel this is the worst of all the gun-related bills down there," the 79-year-old said Monday. "Voting to bring the bill to floor would give it a chance to reach the next step and I'm not in favor of doing that."

Without Ennis's vote, Senate President David McBride, D-Hawk's Nest, will need to reach across the aisle for support — a difficult task given the partisan divisions surrounding the legislation.

Sen. Catherine Cloutier, R-Arden, is widely considered to be McBride's most likely target.

Cloutier on Monday said she plans to be present when the Senate gavels in at 2 p.m. but declined to say how she would vote.

"I will be voting my district and my conscience," she said. "I'm still listening."

If she votes for this she'll be gone next election.

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...assault-weapon-ban/709947002/?from=new-cookie

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    HB-222, Red Flag Law passed in DE Senate 20-0 , and one absent.

Waiting for signature.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Senate Sunday hunting bill approved in DE House today. Off to the Gov for his sig, or not.

Worgenski

Mar 2, 2013
    While I was down at the ocean, I was listening to Delaware radio 105.9. The host said DE set aside $100,000 to buy Ar-15s. They are paying $400 per gun. Dream on.

Jump62

Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island, De
    I can see a couple of things happening in the First state:
    1. Next session they will try again with a dusted off SB 163 especially if a shift in Party numbers after the 2018 election goes to " D ".
    2. The new Supreme Court Justice to replace Kennedy will give us a real shift to close votes in the court. It may be time to take a page out of Lefts playbook and if we can not get legislation at either the National or State level, take them to court and then make law.
    3. I am buying insurance and put away 3-4 AR lowers and parts, wait and do a long term plan for a .224 Valkyrie build or a 300 Blackout.

Jump62
    aka Paul

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    "This bill in the latest in a package of gun safety measures... "

They spelled "blatant violations of the Constitution" wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom