• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Hey all, I just sent in my paperwork. What kind of turn around are people seeing?

thanks,
    Dave

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I sent mine in 2/23. They charged my CC 2/25. I just contacted them and they say they only got approval back from the bank on 3/13 (not sure what that means, confirmation that the charge went through?) and that they have 60 days to execute a properly completed application. No actual eta. They did give me the examiners contact if I wanted to find out more info. I’ll wait another week or so before reaching out. I am a terribly impatient sort, but I also don’t want to waste someone’s time by looking things up if it is still well within the window that they have (but then again if taking a lot longer than most people seem to lately, “hey why’s it taking so long” in a really nice way will likely be forth coming)

That said, I see some people saying roughly 6 weeks on a new application. Figure 6-8 weeks maybe? Outside based on what I was told from ATF and what seems to be happening with mine would be about 11 weeks, figuring a few days to get it printed and mailed to you once they approve it if it really goes 60 days AND it takes a couple of weeks for your payment to process (again not sure why my CC says 2/25 and they only seem to have approval on the charge as of 3/13).

Just twiddling my thumbs, but I assume it’ll be another couple of weeks for me.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    good to know what to be on the lookout for! I sent a cashier's check, so no way to tell when they cash it unfortunately. I'm not paranoid about using my CC, but writing it down and sending it through the mail is too much even for me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    good to know what to be on the lookout for! I sent a cashier's check, so no way to tell when they cash it unfortunately. I'm not paranoid about using my CC, but writing it down and sending it through the mail is too much even for me.

If it makes you feel better it showed up on my CC is $30 EXPLOSIVES AND FIREARMS SERVICES

Because that doesn’t look like it would trip all the red flags to someone looking at my credit card statement *eyeroll*

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    If it makes you feel better it showed up on my CC is $30 EXPLOSIVES AND FIREARMS SERVICES

Because that doesn’t look like it would trip all the red flags to someone looking at my credit card statement *eyeroll*

All the better for your CC company to notify you that they are closing your account because it doesn't meet their approved profile.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

Mine did the same thing. Mine took a couple months, but I forgot to fill in a couple blanks so they had to mail it back to me for fixing.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Mine did the same thing. Mine took a couple months, but I forgot to fill in a couple blanks so they had to mail it back to me for fixing.

That’s the biggest reason why late next week I’ll probably email the contact person given just to make sure that there wasn’t missing info or something. There should have been, but a “yeah we have it and a quick scan says it’s in order, it just hasn’t been processed yet.

But as someone mentioned on the CMP order thread, I’d rather not bother someone and take 5 or 10 or 15 minutes away from processing my application/order, or the one from 10 guys ahead of me or whatever. At least if I can stand the not knowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom