• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I can't tell if this is serious since Republicans from left wing states don't win national office. Ask Chris Christie, George Pataki et. al.

That is what he said, I think he meant deep blue states in his first comment.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    It seems after Trump got Elected Hogan has tried to distance himself from Trump and his policies that he has steadily moved left of center to prove he has zero in common with the CinC

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    When elected to office, one should lead, not try to skate by so they can get another term! This is what is wrong with politicians of BOTH parties!

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Meaning 4 more years of our guy taking away gun rights or 8 more years of their guy taking our gun rights.

Well then I guess you have nothing to lose and can vote for their guy or Hogan :thumbsup:

List of their candidates
    Rushern Baker, Prince George's County executive
    Running mate: Elizabeth Embry, candidate in Baltimore mayoral election in 2016 and Chief of Attorney General's crime division for Maryland

Ralph Jaffe, perennial candidate
    Running mate: Freda Jaffe, sister of Ralph Jaffe

Ben Jealous, former President and CEO of the NAACP
    Running mate: Susie Turnbull, former Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and former Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee

Kevin Kamenetz, Baltimore County Executive
    Running mate: Valerie Ervin, senior advisor to the Working Families Party and former Montgomery County Councilmember[14]

Richard Madaleno, State Senator
    Running mate: Luwanda Jenkins, business executive and former O'Malley appointee

Alec Ross, author and former State Department official
    Running mate: Julie Verratti, craft beer brewer

Jim Shea, attorney
    Running mate: Brandon Scott, Baltimore City Councilmember

Krishanti O'Mara Vignarajah, former Policy Director to former First Lady Michelle Obama and former State Department official
    Running mate: Sharon Blake, former President of the Baltimore Teachers Union

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    My response:

"He needs to protect the Second Amendment. Otherwise, he will not be getting my vote. Needs to veto the Red Flag bill. Too many constitutional infringements. Reminiscent of the way minorities were treated in the past."

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well then I guess you have nothing to lose and can vote for their guy or Hogan :thumbsup:

List of their candidates
    Running mate: Elizabeth Embry, candidate in Baltimore mayoral election in 2016 and Chief of Attorney General's crime division for Maryland

Running mate: Susie Turnbull, former Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and former Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee

Running mate: Valerie Ervin, senior advisor to the Working Families Party and former Montgomery County Councilmember[14]

Jim Shea, attorney

Krishanti O'Mara Vignarajah, former Policy Director to former First Lady Michelle Obama and former State Department official

Folks can vote Shawn Quinn, or rightn in anyone’s name. No need to vote for a democrat or republican anti 2a politicians

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I see no real difference in having a republican who might as well be a democrat, in terms of the 2A, and having an actual democrat.

What's the point? Hogan has done NOTHING for us.

Go back and search posts from 4 years ago where people said this would happen. And it did.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

List of their candidates

Jim Shea, attorney

I'm thinking about writing in my dad's name. That seems to be the "principled" thing to do.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I see no real difference in having a republican who might as well be a democrat, in terms of the 2A, and having an actual democrat.

What's the point? Hogan has done NOTHING for us.

Go back and search posts from 4 years ago where people said this would happen. And it did.

yes, but I also see it as he has not done much against us either.No Firearms Safety Act 2015, 2016, 2017, especially after Orlando ,Texas and Now Parkland. Gov. O'Malley pushed through FSA 2013 based on Newtown and Annapolis followed along happily.

What I really want to see is the gerrymandering of district 3 and other districts to be changed... Then things might get interesting.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Real quick, someone give me a run down of all the gun grabbing bills Hogan has actually signed into law over the last four years. I'm sure they're all fresh on your minds.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    About 10 MDS folks got to witness the MSP getting beaten on like a rented mule tonight at the HPRB. Someone direct me to the threads where this happened during the O'Malley administration.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    About 10 MDS folks got to witness the MSP getting beaten on like a rented mule tonight at the HPRB. Someone direct me to the threads where this happened during the O'Malley administration.

I agree it's better, but it's a band aid on a jugular. If the HPRB ruled every case in favor of the petitioner, (assuming half to 3 quarters of the cases are overturning restrictions, you're talking about less than 100 permit holders (going from no permit to a unrestricted or restricted permit). And I think that estimate is high. It will be more interesting if this goes to administrative judges. Hopefully, the HPRB has set the standard for that process.

On a second note, when are the new nominations made?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I agree it's better, but it's a band aid on a jugular. If the HPRB ruled every case in favor of the petitioner, (assuming half to 3 quarters of the cases are overturning restrictions, you're talking about less than 100 permit holders (going from no permit to a unrestricted or restricted permit). And I think that estimate is high. It will be more interesting if this goes to administrative judges. Hopefully, the HPRB has set the standard for that process.

Totally agree with you. But does anyone believe that the same post could be written during a Commienutz or Jealousy or Baker's Dozen administration?

I'm just glad I got to enjoy it live, something that voting for my dad the next election is not going to help happen going forward.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Totally agree with you. But does anyone believe that the same post could be written during a Commienutz or Jealousy or Baker's Dozen administration?

I'm just glad I got to enjoy it live, something that voting for my dad the next election is not going to help happen going forward.

Good question. Maybe if we weren't on the radar, and the dems appointed the board, there wouldn't be a move to administration hearings. It's hard to say, but our side is definitely more educated. If you had democratic appointees, and they were making nonsense decisions, maybe a few trips to the circuit court might reset their opinions. Then we'd be posting their drivel for all to see their madness. So, maybe that would be better in the long run. But, after seeing the MGA ignore the bill that was almost unanimous out of committees for the apply first, train second for permits, I don't believe they'd care. I believe many would take anyone including the devil himself (or herself) over a pro-gun governor.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maybe Hogan's team should send this poll to the single mom who was the recipient of the HPRB smack down of MSP tonight. Wonder how she would respond?

My guess is that she won't be voting for her father come November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom