• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As a hedge against the “ghost gun” bill I ordered a G17 stripped frame in case I need to transfer my 80% stuff to it (uf it doesn’t pass maybe I will build it in to a G34 or 17L some day).

Not sure what is up with the locking block. The one from the Polyermer 80 PF940 V1.5 is not the same as the Gen 3 G17, is it? Or is it the same part? I’ve got another couple days of 77r jail so I could compare. I don’t really need to solve this dilemma today, but hoping ya’ll can help out.

If not the same part, anyone know what the Glock OEM part number is for a Gen 3 G17? I can’t find it anywhere and I’ve got zero idea what is correct looking on websites as they reference 2002+ 3 pin locking blocks, older 3 pin locking blocks and 2 pin locking blocks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    The frame rails of a Glock are integrated into the frame and are non removable. The polymer 80 rails are added and not molded into the frame like a Glock. The Glock locking block is not needed because the P80 incorporates the locking block into the front rail section.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The frame rails of a Glock are integrated into the frame and are non removable. The polymer 80 rails are added and not molded into the frame like a Glock. The Glock locking block is not needed because the P80 incorporates the locking block into the front rail section.

Okay, so totally different part.

Any idea what the Glock 17 Gen 3 part number is for the locking block?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Good discussion. One other option is to buy some serialized frames from Polymer80 and just using those. This is just me, but I actually prefer those over Glock frames. Bad news is that they'd have to run through the handgun roster board for approval, which would be a giant PITA. No good options. Wish I could just form 1 them and make this go away.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good discussion. One other option is to buy some serialized frames from Polymer80 and just using those. This is just me, but I actually prefer those over Glock frames. Bad news is that they'd have to run through the handgun roster board for approval, which would be a giant PITA. No good options. Wish I could just form 1 them and make this go away.

Tell me about it. I dislike this whole danged thing, but I’d have a lot less anger about it if they were simply pushing them to be serialized by one issued from MSP. I don’t agree with registration at all, but there isn’t even bad logical about this BS.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What’s the point of an 80% if you register it? Genuinely curious.

Fun to make? I mean, at least that is the reason for me. I don’t personally want to register a thing. Sure I am worried the US or some state could go the direction dictitorial regimes elsewhere have gone.

But it doesn’t irk me so much I don’t think I’d comply. I’ll fight it at the ballot box and stumping legislators and friends against it.

But anyway, what is the point of building any gun if you have to register it, because you enjoy it usually. I’d bet half the people on MDS who have built an 80% did it at least as much because they enjoy doing it and not being registered is a distant second.

I built mine before I got an HQL, though I later got an HQL for other reasons.

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    Okay, so totally different part.

Any idea what the Glock 17 Gen 3 part number is for the locking block?

The locking block on the P80 is a vastly superior, immensely stronger chunk of metal than the Glock version, too.

Yet another thing that P80 has done better than Glock on.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I don't believe there are differences among 3 pin 17/20 locking blocks as far as interchanging them. There are different 3 pin 19 locking blocks, but it's possible to retrofit an older frame for the current locking block.

The locking block on the P80 is a vastly superior, immensely stronger chunk of metal than the Glock version, too.

Yet another thing that P80 has done better than Glock on.

Hasn't stopped stock Glocks from lasting 100k rounds. The old two pin 9mm guns also worked fine even though the locking block peens the slide slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom