• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    I was thinking about possibly buying an AK this year because I've always wanted one. The tantals seem pretty decent and are reasonably priced. So I was wondering if they're decent or not?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Aren't they banned?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    The Tantal was the first rifle I purchased as a VA resident and must say it is one of my favorite AK-74’s I have. Not a century build though. Also mags are expensive and not the easiest to just find anywhere. After watching Mischaco on YouTube review one I had to have one.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I wish I had bought one before 2013. I do believe the Polish Tantals are banned but I could be wrong.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I think they are banned too. Wish I would have bought one before 2013

Engage has their version of the 74 and is probably a better gun.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I thought 5.45x39 Aks were good to go. Is it the grenade launcher muzzle device? That's removable.

My two cents about Tantals. I have one. They are very nice guns. IMO, one of the nicer AK74s. The Interarms ones with the original Polish barrels are top notch. Century is garbage. Don't know who made the Atlantic ones. Personally, I wouldn't buy one without the original Polish barrel.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I thought 5.45x39 Aks were good to go. Is it the grenade launcher muzzle device? That's removable.

You're likely correct. I was wrong. The oddball AK I had wanted was the Hungarian AMD-65, not the Tantal.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I think just the Bulgarian ones are ok because they don't have AK in their name (SLR). They are very nice too. Check the msp web site it will show which AK-74's they have OK'd.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana

My two cents about Tantals. I have one. They are very nice guns. IMO, one of the nicer AK74s. The Interarms ones with the original Polish barrels are top notch. Century is garbage. Don't know who made the Atlantic ones. Personally, I wouldn't buy one without the original Polish barrel.

Gotcha man and I'm also looking into a bulgy 74 since they're a close replica to the Ak74s used in the Donbass war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom