• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He clearly said............take the guns first.

Unless I saw and heard it wrong.

I'm not the issue here.

You can send money to the NRA who will spend the majority of it on their infrastructure and fund raising efforts, or you can send it to GOA who spends the majority of their donations and membership fees on litigation. I'm a life member of both, but the NRA appears to be more worried about the upkeep on their building in Virginia and salaries for their execs than filing litigation. Nearly every commie state in the nation has some of the worst infringements ever seen in this year's legislative session and all I hear is crickets coming from Fairfax.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Well I can't afford to fund every Pro-gun group. So I sent it to the one I think has the best record and outreach. The NRA has the best, in the state of Maryland it is MSI. What should happen is all the pro-gun group need to join forces. I don't think that is likely to happen.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm going to say something here that may get a few folks riled up, but it's how I feel. We as firearm owners and 2A defenders are in for a world shattering moment in our lives. Unless we gather as the largest single issue group in the history of the US, we will lose our right to firearm ownership. I came to this realization last year when I watched Hogan sign HB1302 surrounded by Mothers Against Everything Manly. He signed that Bill because the majority of people in this state who contacted his office were in support of the Bill. Sure, there were a few who protested at his front door. Many others called their representatives. But we just didn't have the numbers for Hogan to trash that Bill. Politics is a popularity contest. Our representatives probably should vote for issues that their constituents want, and vote against Bills they can't support.

WE DON'T HAVE THE VOTES.

Donald Trump asked the BATFE to outlaw Bump Stocks. Why? Because his office heard from the vast majority of the people (including the NRA) that they didn't want Bump Stocks to be legal any more. Again, a popularity contest. President Trump is the president of all Americans. When he hears that a large number of our society wants something and only a small number oppose that action, what do you expect? He governs all, not just the 2A community.

Do we have anyone to blame? No. Many times although we are very passionate on a matter, the stark reality is that we are a minority. The only thing that helps us in our plight is the Constitution. When the majority wants something that can not be backed by the words in the Constitution, then those words hold more value than any one group's ideal.

I don't have the answer as to why we are always under attack for our belief in the 2A, but until we as a society start voting for more Conservative representation, things will only get worse. The middle of the political spectrum is leaning so far to the left, if this country were a boat, we would be in danger of capsizing at any moment.

All I can say is pray for our country and hope that sanity returns to our society and our government very soon.

God Bless us all.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm going to say something here that may get a few folks riled up, but it's how I feel. We as firearm owners and 2A defenders are in for a world shattering moment in our lives. Unless we gather as the largest single issue group in the history of the US, we will lose our right to firearm ownership. I came to this realization last year when I watched Hogan sign HB1302 surrounded by Mothers Against Everything Manly. He signed that Bill because the majority of people in this state who contacted his office were in support of the Bill. Sure, there were a few who protested at his front door. Many others called their representatives. But we just didn't have the numbers for Hogan to trash that Bill. Politics is a popularity contest. Our representatives probably should vote for issues that their constituents want, and vote against Bills they can't support.

He signed the bill because there was a big, fat, well-concealed donation (to him or his opponent, his choice) from Bloomberg. Money talks, bullsh1t walks.

Donald Trump asked the BATFE to outlaw Bump Stocks. Why? Because his office heard from the vast majority of the people (including the NRA) that they didn't want Bump Stocks to be legal any more. Again, a popularity contest. President Trump is the president of all Americans. When he hears that a large number of our society wants something and only a small number oppose that action, what do you expect? He governs all, not just the 2A community.

Trump also said at the El Paso rally yesterday that he will never allow anyone to take our guns, so...

All I can say is pray for our country and hope that sanity returns to our society and our government very soon.

God Bless us all.

Always good advice. Back your prayers up with ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom