For those of you still supporting Larry Hogan for governor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Yep you right we heard yours and we are hearing it again. Property taxes are a county ran function. You need to complain to them. I don't like the free college crap either, but we all ready have it to some degree. We pay for illegals immigrates to go to college. MGA has already passed a free college bill to go to community college. I don't think anyone should be told they can't get health insurance. It shouldn't be free and the cost may be higher. But the simple fact remains that Ben Jealous will indeed take your arms, magazines and anything else. We only have two candidates to choose from.

Does this make you a single issue voter?

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    How do you suggest we change Maryland? I'm serious. I laid out my plan and have everyone attacking me for it. Let's hear your plan. The lesser of two evils is still evil. Maryland gets worse every year. How do you stop that? Not slow it down, because that still makes it worse each year. How do you stop it, turn it around so that one SINE DIE you can all take a deep breath and realize today is actually better than yesterday?

It is easier to change form the inside rather than from the outside. As others have suggested, you have no dog in this fight, you are now a resident of Colorado. The fact that you have family here is irrelevant.

Throwing 2000 pebbles at the state house isn't going to accomplish anything except wearing out your arm.

We need to change the momentum form the Demoncrats to the Republicans. If and when the state is in Republican hands again we can then push the Republicans towards supporting the 2A. Therefore, the goal is to get more Republicans elected within the state to enable us to effect change.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You are certainly not the only business owner on this site yet you are the only one that constantly repeats these claims. I'm not doubting you, but maybe you might want to look into why. The only reason my payroll taxes have gone up is because I've added more employees.

I know that my property tax in HoCo hasn't gone up 35% in the last four years. Don't know a thing about farm taxes. Maybe your accountant is skimming from you? :shrug:

We are looking into the payroll taxes. Since our unemployment and comp has dropped it almost washes out but not quite so we pay more

I am asking for my Calvert house to be reappraise because I feel ass raped

Farm and forest land, especially in Charles county, well in my opinion Maryland and especially chuck county wants to do away with farms and forest lands so they can tax for house lots.

Md and the USDA has made farming so paperwork and restriction and burdensome that for the smaller farms, under 500 acres of crops, it’s getting to the point it’s not worth it

Anyway, I plan on voting hogan , by holding my nose, biting my tounge and hitting my fingernails with s hammer to take the sting from the stupidity of doing so away, but he’s not a tax savior by any shake of the stick

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I wish y’all would quit using taxes to paint hogan a saint, mine and my wife’s payroll taxes have gone up about 20-25% since hogan got in and my land tax in Charles county has tripled for forested land and my property tax in Calvert has gone up 35% and the farm taxes have gone up abou15% so Hogan’s not a fvcking tax saving saint

He’s barely one red couchy hair better than bj but that’s all so quit with the Hogan’s the savior of our money because that’s a bad joke and a flat out lie

I'm glad you pointed out those examples. My land taxes of gone up considerably.

Another thing that's gone up is my rental property and home owner's insurance. I'm not sure how this ties into politics, but I suspect it has to do with Maryland preventing timely legal foreclosures and people setting there homes ablaze for insurance.

In spite of my raises, my buying power has diminished.

I pay more for lead testing which is required, rental property registrations, and other business items like LLC fees. I am almost unable to keep up with the Maryland requirements for owing and operating a business.

There has been no relief.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Does this make you a single issue voter?

No, it doesn't. There are other issues. Do your really think your taxes isn't going to increase under Jealous? Or there will not be any other "Wonderful Progressive" Initiatives under Jealous?

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    I don't support Hogan. However, I will bite my tongue and vote for him. The alternative is far worse.

I must agree Hogan has been in office Just long Enough to Become a Dumb-O-Crap . He wants to get his agenda passed and is willing to give a lot more than stand his ground.

Jim

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Hogan clearly doesn't have our backs on 2A issues. OTOH, he won't stick a big knife in our backs like Jealous will.

Jealous would never stick a knife in our backs. He would stick a knife in my stomach while looking at me.

The only one to stab anyone in the back, repeatedly, is Larry Hogan, yet all I've seen you do is post "but muh principles" trying to own the Hogan haters.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I wish y’all would quit using taxes to paint hogan a saint, mine and my wife’s payroll taxes have gone up about 20-25% since hogan got in and my land tax in Charles county has tripled for forested land and my property tax in Calvert has gone up 35% and the farm taxes have gone up abou15% so Hogan’s not a fvcking tax saving saint

He’s barely one red couchy hair better than bj but that’s all so quit with the Hogan’s the savior of our money because that’s a bad joke and a flat out lie

The Governor doesn’t control local taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The Governor doesn’t control local taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He absolutely does have control over local taxes. State and local are intertwined, such that a decrease in one results in the increase of the other. However, a corollary never exists where in increase in one results in a decrease in the other.

for example, state reduces school capital construction, then locals pick it up.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    He absolutely does have control over local taxes. State and local are intertwined, such that a decrease in one results in the increase of the other. However, a corollary never exists where in increase in one results in a decrease in the other.

for example, state reduces school capital construction, then locals pick it up.

So, you are blaming Hogan because he decreased taxes...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Jealous would never stick a knife in our backs. He would stick a knife in my stomach while looking at me.

The only one to stab anyone in the back, repeatedly, is Larry Hogan, yet all I've seen you do is post "but muh principles" trying to own the Hogan haters.

What exactly should I be doing? I’m not trying to “own” anyone. I know you aren’t 12....

I just don’t understand how anyone’s principles can help a guy like Jealous get into office, even if passively. I have nothing agains people hating Hogan, I get it. They'll hat BJ more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom