• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    What are the odds of finding some small rifle primers for sale without having to give up my first born to acquire?

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Last ones I found were $80 for 1k. The place had more yesterday but sold out before I finished what I was doing and would be able to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    What are the odds of finding some small rifle primers for sale without having to give up my first born to acquire?

Here's the deal. I'll give you 200 if you take my first born. Seriously, this online schooling stuff is driving me nuts. I'll throw in 1k LRPs if you promise not to try to give him back until full-time in-person learning starts. :lol2:

Seriously though, call up Hafer's in Hagerstown. They may still have some. They started rationing them out early.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I had five of these. Down to my last one, and it's not for sale.
    I've thought about not opening it, just so I could prove this is what they cost, 'way back when', as my kids ransack my belongings, after I die.

:D

Attachments

• Federal205primers_1349per10002_zps41357276.jpg
      Federal205primers_1349per10002_zps41357276.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 349

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $80's not great, but we're only talking like 5cpr more per round over normal times. Factory ammo's something like 30-40 cpr more than it was, you can do the math on whether reloading still makes sense. :P

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    True . But the current limiting factor is availability more so than absolute price .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had five of these. Down to my last one, and it's not for sale.
    I've thought about not opening it, just so I could prove this is what they cost, 'way back when', as my kids ransack my belongings, after I die.

:D

That is about double what I was paying when I first started reloading.

IIRC, I could reload .45 ACP, casting my own bullets from scrap linotype for less than 1.5 cents per round. It was cheaper than CCI .22 LR.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    That is about double what I was paying when I first started reloading.

IIRC, I could reload .45 ACP, casting my own bullets from scrap linotype for less than 1.5 cents per round. It was cheaper than CCI .22 LR.

Same here.
    When I started reloading, primers (all sizes) were less than 75 cents/100.

I remember during one shortage, MD Small Arms Range wanted $3.00 per hundred, with a maximum of 300 primers sold, per person, per day.
    (I told them to 'eat them'.)

I still have some Federal "Hi-Power" .22lr in 100 round plastic boxes, and paid 98 cents per box, at Best Products, in Lanham, MD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And when .22lr was less than $1.00 , people also made less than $3.00 / hr , gas was $0.30 / gallon, etc .

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Last ones I found were $80 for 1k. The place had more yesterday but sold out before I finished what I was doing and would be able to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day I paid 60 bucks each for 1k of Mag rifle primers, large rifle primers and small pistol primers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom