• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I am concerned that this is all about fighting the last war. I think if you want to do something it would be send some lucre down to the two GOP senate races in Georgia.

Now sure, just like obituaries of famous people are pre-written by news agencies and larger news outlets, the stories on this protest were pre-written to lead with violence by the pro-Trump protesters, when in fact the only violence was, as usual by the Biden supporters. It shows just how much in the tank most of the media is that they published those prewritten stories as soon as there was violence without even correcting them to note the violence and provocation was all from the left.

Also the idea that Trump is doing anything Democrat candidates have not done post election is spurious and false. Gore was fighting in court for 60 days after the election. And just as Democrat bundlers and major donors were giving to Libertarians before the 2016 election sine they know that pulls 90% from otherwise GOP voters, lets not forget what the Democrats did after the 2016 elections, which is pour millions and millions into Green Party Jill Steins lawsuits to overturn results. They used Stein as a surrogate to try and appear not to be sore losers -- yet used her to have active suits right up until inauguration

But in my opinion the realistic fight is in Georgia and that is where our energy and funds need to go.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The video of that guy getting knocked out and stomped is hard to watch
    Yeah it is.

Gotta ask...WHERE WAS MPD and WHY ARE THEY ACCUSED OF EITHER LOOKING THE OTHER WAY or worse, CHANNELING THE GOOD FOKKS TO THE BAD FOLKS?

I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do. At some point, blaming it on BOWSER is a very lame and UNSAT excuse.

Thanks in advance

Never forget I appreciate what you do on a daily basis. I’m also grateful for your contributions here.

Stay safe.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do.

Probably 99% of simple assaults' that occur at various poltical protests, or if Anitfa/BLM alone, during riots, in DC or elsewhere are not resulting in arrests including a huge number where cops are right there.

And it is poltical leadership such as Bowser, and the jurisdiction's AG, generally that is prescribing police response in terms of arrest thresholds, not the rank and file cops or the police leadership.

The cops don't want to get prosecuted, or even absent prosecution to be "doxed" (identified and people encouraged to harass or harm them) and have their family threatened, their spouse fired, their home picketed, for getting involved. We have already seen thousands of video clips taken out of context and eyewitnesses "lie" as we saw from the beginning in Ferguson.

In the new world of policing and "restorative justice" most crimes including violent ones are going to be subject to "diversion" (no prosecution or charges dropped) and cops are going to be at more and more risk just making an arrest.

People just don't understand large numbers. It is a country of 350 million people. A few dozen bad outcome arrests even undeserved is NOT something you judge the whole picture on. Especially since as we are releasing more criminals -- violent crime has been skyrocketing.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    LOL, just received this via email from ShutdownDC.

On November 14, supporters of Donald Trump invaded Washington, DC, attacking residents, refusing to wear masks or quarantine to prevent the spread of COVID–19, and ripping down memorials to Black lives taken by police violence. It was an utter failure on the part of Mayor Bowser as well as the hotels and restaurants that hosted these Trump supporters.

Now the MAGA crowd is planning to return to DC on December 12 in yet another misguided attempt to claim that Trump really won the presidential election (no really, he did! Why won't anyone believe us?). COVID-19 cases are spiking here in Washington, DC and around the country. In the face of this public health emergency, DC authorities and hospitality establishments must not allow a gang of maskless people from out of town to run rampant through our city.

TODAY, we are calling on Mayor Bowser and the DC Council to take steps to prevent the spread of violence and disease by Trump supporters next weekend. We are demanding that they enforce the mask ordinance and shut down the hotels and businesses that allow Trump supporters from out of town to come to DC to spread their hate and COVID-19. Can you help?

Click this link to send an email to the DC Council and Mayor Bowser demanding that they enforce the mask ordinance.

Then, call Mayor Bowser, your Council Member, and at-large Council Members to reinforce the message. Use this call script:

Hello, my name is ________, I am a DC resident, and I live in Ward ____.
    I’m calling to ask Councilmember _________/Mayor Bowser to prevent the spread of violence and disease by Trump supporters on the weekend of December the 12th.

As covid rates nationally surge to 200,000 new cases a day, DC must prioritize the health of its citizens. The impact on DC's covid rates from the flood of Trump supporters who disobeyed the covid ordinance over the weekend of November 14 is no doubt substantial. By not enforcing the mask ordinance, the city, including Mayor Bowser, was complicit in the spread of disease – not to mention violence – by these out-of-towners.

Can I count on Councilmember _______/Mayor Bowser to:
    1. Enforce the mask ordinance over the weekend of December 12th.
    2. Commit to shutting down businesses that continue to flout regulations.

We are working with a range of local allies to fight back against the MAGA crowd's visit. Check out https://DefendDC.org for more information. Emailing and calling the Council and Mayor is the first step in our fight. We will email later this week with next steps.

Please send the emails and make the calls today, and tell your friends! Amplify this action on social media by sharing our posts:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

In solidarity,
    ShutDownDC

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah it is.

Gotta ask...WHERE WAS MPD and WHY ARE THEY ACCUSED OF EITHER LOOKING THE OTHER WAY or worse, CHANNELING THE GOOD FOKKS TO THE BAD FOLKS?

I get that I dint have all the facts but with what I have to work with, DC MPD has some no shit explaining to do. At some point, blaming it on BOWSER is a very lame and UNSAT excuse.

Thanks in advance

Never forget I appreciate what you do on a daily basis. I’m also grateful for your contributions here.

Stay safe.

Just so you’re aware both parties have been arrested i believe.

I didn’t see this post until just now. I wanna say the guy was arrested that day but i don’t know that for 100%

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just so you’re aware both parties have been arrested i believe.

I didn’t see this post until just now. I wanna say the guy was arrested that day but i don’t know that for 100%

The head stomp guy was arrested and IIRC he was a prohibited person carrying a firearm. Other video showed the stompee pushing and shoving some of the pukes prior to becoming stomped.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    More from the Shutdown DC loonies.

Thanks for joining our call to action earlier this week to tell Mayor Bowser and the DC Council to take steps to prevent the spread of violence and disease by Trump supporters over the weekend of December 12th. Now it's time to focus our efforts on the hotels that hosted these people on November 14th.

Will you join us today, December 4th, in calling the hotels that hosted hate on November 14th?

Call script:

Hi, my name is [NAME]. I'm calling because I am concerned that your hotel may be hosting organizations coming from outside DC to spread hate and COVID-19. The rate of new Coronavirus cases has risen nearly 30% in DC since November 14th, when conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, Proud Boys, and MAGA supporters marched on our streets while refusing to wear masks. They put Black lives in danger, ripped down memorials, and committed violence against DC residents including the stabbing of 3 people. Will your hotel commit to preventing the spread of violence and disease by:

1. Publicly denouncing white supremacy via social media in a published statement before December 12th? Specifically denouncing the white supremacist groups the Proud Boys and Patriot Front.
    2. Refusing services to anyone who refuses to wear a mask?
    3. Adhering to DC travel quarantine guidelines by ensuring that guests from high risk areas provide negative COVID-19 testing verification upon check in and placing them on isolated floors of the hotel?

Call the following hotels:
    Capital Hilton
    Manager - Ishani Gandi - 202.293.2465
    Guest Services - Evin Moss - 202.393.2465
    St Regis Hotel
    Director - Rosa Romero - 202.509.8000
    Marketing - Miller Jackson - 202.509.8000
    The Willard
    Front Desk - 202.628.9100
    Marketing - 202.628.9100
    Hotel Harrington
    Front Desk - 202.628.8140
    Washington Plaza Hotel
    Sales - Jonathan Bowie - 202.842.1300
    Front Desk - 202.842.1300

We are working with a range of local allies to fight back against the MAGA crowd's visit next weekend. Check out https://DefendDC.org for more information. We will email next week with more action steps.

Please make the calls today, and tell your friends! Amplify this action on social media by sharing our posts (and tag the hotels):
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

In solidarity,
    ShutDownDC

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just remember, it's those evil conservatives that are all about the violence. Unless it's a couple of women in Washington state, one of whom is a deputy official for the DNC in that state, who are trying to derail trains and kill lots of people. How often have those Patriot Goon Squad Nazis done stuff like that, again? Nope, crazy lefty women trying to destroy things in their own state.

https://www.rt.com/usa/508508-democrat-railway-terrorist

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another email from Shutdown DC, this time they want all their peeps to go full Karen on Harry's Bar for being a MAGA hangout for the Proud Boys.

Thanks for joining our calls to action last week. We're 6 days away from the Million MAGA March, but there's still work to do.

First, SAVE THE DATE for Saturday, December 12. A broad coalition of local organizations is mobilizing to defend Black Lives Matter starting on Friday evening when the Proud Boys start to arrive in town and until they leave on Saturday night. To cover the full time period, different groups are volunteering to mobilize at different times. ShutDownDC will be holding the plaza from 2-6pm on Saturday, December 12. Sign up here to let us us know you can join us!

Harry's Bar, a known hangout for the Proud Boys and other violent Trump supporters, was fined $1,000 on Friday, Nov. 13 after DC Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration investigators observed "Phase 2 violations" that included patrons without facial coverings, patrons standing while consuming alcohol, and insufficient table spacing.This was their second violation in recent months. A third formal mask violation fine would result in ABRA reviewing the bar's liquor license.

Will you join us today to call Harry's to demand 1) that they make a public statement denouncing white supremacists and violent Trump supporters 2) that they pledge to adhere to all public health ordinances and refuse service to customers who will not wear masks?

See the call script below:

'Hi, my name is [NAME]. I'm calling because over the weekend of November 14, Harry's hosted a large number of Trump supporters who refused to wear masks – in a violation of DC's COVID rules – and who went on to commit acts of violence against DC residents. I'm asking Harry's to 1) make a public statement denouncing white supremacists and violent Trump supporters and 2) commit to adhering to all relevant regulations. Please note that a third formal mask violation fine would result in the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration reviewing your liquor license. I'd like to remind you of a few of the requirements:
    1. Tables must be at least six (6) feet apart.
    2. Parties are limited to six (6) persons per table.
    3. Guests must be seated at bars, no standing.
    4. Consumption of alcohol must end at 10 PM.
    Will you make a public statement this week denouncing white supremacists and commit to abide by the Phase 2 COVID restrictions?'

Call: 202.624.0053
    For those who have witnessed confirmed violations at Harry's, please fill out a complaint form with the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration.
    ABRA Complaint Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUbIf_t7Azm-ME62gNz3EDyYIWDWxBEdWSVeA9jaCFJIGyqw/viewform

Phase 2 Covid regulations: https://abra.dc.gov/page/phase-two-reopen-dc

We are working with a range of local allies to fight back against the MAGA crowd's visit. Check out https://DefendDC.org for more information.

Please make the calls and complaints today, and tell your friends! Amplify this action on social media by sharing our posts:
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Facebook
    In solidarity,
    ShutDownDC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater