• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Well with Mr. Sykes closed, how else are you supposed to get a handgun? ;)

Hate to say it but you do have a point. The 2A laws in this country need work.....

Hopefully they both get strung up for the straw purchases.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    These are the people making us all look bad and getting people killed. Hope they take a dirt nap or at the very least do a loooooooooong time in prison, sadly, neither are likely to happen though and the left will keep blaming us and calling for more laws.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I hope they throw the book at them. This was not some stupid violation like having a 12 round magazine.

This is full blown gun trafficking to criminals. This type of felony leads to deaths.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I don't think this was so much about DC onerous laws, and they are onerous and unconstitutional, but rather about facilitating possession illegal in any state or jurisdiction: by a serious criminal record FELON.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    I hope they throw the book at them. This was not some stupid violation like having a 12 round magazine.

This is full blown gun trafficking to criminals. This type of felony leads to deaths.

I don't think this was so much about DC onerous laws, and they are onerous and unconstitutional, but rather about facilitating possession illegal in any state or jurisdiction: by a serious criminal record FELON.

Yup. This is the kind of crap that needs to be cracked down on, not someone having an 11-round magazine.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    There has to be a lot of this going on. The stuff in the BPD confiscated photos fall in roughly 3 categories: 1. crapped out, cut down old POS; 2. looks like it was stolen since it is old but not worn out; and 3 looks brand new probably straw purchase. With the plea bargaining often not even yielding firearms violations, I wonder if they actually do traces on the firearms or just destroy them.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Gun traces are done on just about every gun found in a crime scene. The majority of these traces dead end in: lost, stolen, unknown, which is often a lost or private transaction. It isn't often that a trace will be as clearly linked as one of the Fast and Furious firearms sold with the BATFE's blessing.

Unless an owner can be located and that owner is willing to wait until the firearm is allowed to be returned, most get melted down. Not to worry though, many of the guns recovered from crime scenes are some of the cheapest, least desirable firearms you would not want. For the time it would take you to get a Glock used by a criminal returned, you could buy several newer and nicer Glocks.

Be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom