• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    This is a great nugget of information and will definitely note this. Have you tested for expansion on the hornady SP's? I got a couple of jugs of lil'gun on the way and I feel like speed is king for optimal expansion, or atleast that is what I been reading up.

Havent expansion tested yet. When the right deer comes along it will be tested. Speed isnt the be all end all. Too much speed can cause too much expansion. Depends on bullet design. I prefer to test on real animals since the bullet may or may not hit bone. I'll update if I bag a deer with it. Been hunting rifle areas so far and have a love affair with my 250AI

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    bumpng this because i havent found much out about 350 reloading, wondering if opinions/ resources have changed much since thread was last discussed? prices surely have.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Settled with using 147 grain round nosed 9mm fmjs at 25 grains of lilgun for target loads minute of 8" steel at 200y, which is great, considering the projectile. Feeding is not as smooth, but I'm able to work it on my bolt action, and I was even able to get it to cycle in a buddies AR. Could probably try truncated nosed projectiles.

I never worked up a hunting load as 4-5 boxes of the winchester 180 grain sp's have worked well for me and will last quite a while.

Once I get my can, I'm going to try to experiment with making subs.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Last year I started to do some load work with 125 gr shock hammers from Hammer bullet company. They are all copper bullets and it seemed the faster I pushed them the more accurate they where. Lil gun seemed to be what they liked. I also remember it likes a consistent case length but I can’t remember off the top of my head what the length was. I was also using a light taper crimp on them.
    I’m shooting a 20” mgm barreled encore doing around 2600 fps. Like I said I was pushing them pretty hard but pressure signs where still minimal.
    I have not got a chance to use them on a whitetail but I’m sure they will have no issues doing the job with a good shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom