• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I was a little P.O.‘d when I looked up the 77r I did last Saturday after not getting my email this morning, saw that the FFL didn’t submit it until Wednesday, 4 days later. That can happen too I suppose.

Happens all the time

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I'm learning about all the HQL 'hoops' by reading posts like this. The last handgun I bought was back in 2000. I sent payment with my application a while ago and got a letter telling me I have no criminal record. Mel, at Tactical Shepherd tells me, he's been seeing results in 3-4 weeks recently. I know this is a piss-poor time to buy a firearm or ammo but we're just now able to swing it. No use shopping for a pistol, till my "License" arrives though. I'm after a 5 inch Walther PPQ and they're about as easy to find as Fred Sanford's chicken that grew lips!:D

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    What did you list as your occupation on the 77R? A bunch of apps are now being kicked back because of vague answers to this question.
    This is a new thing.
    Mine was returned because I had "sales". Once it was corrected to sales of a specific thing it went through. I had done an app with 4 guns on it not 2 weeks prior with no problems now they are asking for specifics when it comes to occupation.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I spent the time for get the HQL and went out last Monday and bought a G17. They said you should be good next Monday. I let it slide yesterday and went in today. It could not be released because I did not get the "Not dis-approved" e-mail yet. What in the F is this all about? I have no criminal history and pass background checks for Govt. work all the time.

What is the HQL for if I can't get the weapon still, or have to wait to be back grounded again?

I have lived in MD my entire life and the wife is getting a job in WVA and I am really considering of taking all the trouble to remove myself and taxable income from this state.

can you personally check on the applications online yourself? I pulled up my registration for HQL and it doesn't show any here. https://emdsp.mdsp.org/

The HQL shows that at "one point in time" you were qualified to buy a gun...

That is the 1st step to buying a gun...

Next you find the gun, pay for it and send in a request to the State Police to let you take it home...

The Pre COVID wait was 7 working days...

But now very few people come to work...

So now thw 7 day wait = 7 PLUS ??...

Don't worry they will get to you sooner or later...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is it time to start having * The Conversation * with FFL's again yet ?

Meanwhile CMB , by all means begin your search for the ( small b ) blaster of your choice now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom